AMC: Alexa Havins TV Guide Q&A

• Members

http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Soaps/QA/default.aspx

TVGuide.com: It would be very out of character for Babe to just play dead for a long time and spy on folks. She's not mean, even though she did keep her best pal Bianca's baby from her. Viewers are still constantly reminded of that fact.

Havins: I can't escape it! How many times can I climb up the ladder to redemption? I keep climbing up and they shove me back down again! Babe isn't cruel. She just thinks with her heart instead of her head. That's what gets her in trouble.

:blink:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree. She's fun and she really takes her character seriosuly. She does seem sincere and humble. What she said about Cady was very nice. She really does care about her fans and her character and even thou she may not agree she does respect the opinons of everyone.

• Members

The poor girl needs to just know when to be quiet. Her constant pimping of her character in the press is only going to make fans case for resenting the character even more. I still like Alexa, but her constantly trying to win support for Babe is quite pathetic.

• Members

I'm with those who liked her in this interview. I think she comes off very genuine, so to me it wasn't like she was pimping the character. She has a different take on Babe than I do (Babe's still keeping kids from their parents by lying about her mother's babydaddy, so it's not like she learned after lying to Bianca), but at least in that Q&A she doesn't seem driven to change my mind.

• Members

LOVED the interview. Now for comments...

"Bobbie Eakes, who plays Babe's mama, Krystal, "

How much do I LOVE my Alexa?! She called Babe's mother her "mama," just like Babe does! :wub: YOU GO, girl!

"Bobbie and I are extremely close."

Oh, Alexa, I KNOW you and Bobs are "extremely close." The only tragedy in it all is, I bet even YOU don't realize just how "close" the two of you are. :rolleyes:

"But Babe is strong and she's feisty. I think she takes too much s---."

Oh, ALEXA, THE LANGUAGE!!! Babe would NEVER use cursies!!! :o

"There's repercussions"

Um, excuse me, if you break that down, "there IS repercussions?!!!" Alexa, Alexa, Alexa!!! TRY AGAIN, girlfriend!!

"Oh, Colin. He'll never live down the underwear box! We are close friends"

OH, Justin, watch OUT!!! This is why it's not so great to work on soaps all the time -- ESPECIALLY if you both work on the same soap. I predict a real-life version of the Babe/husband/Josh scenario if these three aren't careful!

"Because Justin and I started out as friends for so long, I forget how hot he is. I take for granted what he looks like. But then I'll wake up in the morning and roll over and go "Damn!" If we ever have a fight, that makes me much quicker to forgive. [Laughs]"

Oh, please. Justin is NOT all that. You're blind, Alexa. Stick with COLIN!!!

• Members

"I know we're daytime and we're supposed to look good, but I love to be raw and real. For my hospital scenes that are airing now, I just woke up and went to work. No glossy lips. Don't coif my hair! I think a perfect hairdo and makeup can sometimes cheat the viewer out of the rawness of the moment."

THANK GOD ABOVE! Someone who GETS it.

• Members

I don't understand this. How does she not know what her character is about. Weither one believes it are not those are the reasons Babe does what she does. Some may not see her as genuine or loving or doing things because of her heart but that is the way they write Babe. She makes instinct choices based on her heart and based on what her heart tells her to do. There's plenty of examples of this. Babe forgave JR for trying to kill her because she loved him, Babe Babe protected Zoe from the police because she believed he was innocent and because in her heart she didn't believe she would hurt a fly. Babe became Amanda's friend because she wanted to reach out to her and help her and even forgave her for trying to take Jaime away from her and after Amanda let Janet run around killing people. I know that some people may not see Babe as a person with a heart but this is exactly what is the motivation for her character. Her heart and her loving people and doing bad things and not thinking them threw. Babe isn't a logical person she is a person who thinks with her heart and her head and most of the time that is what gets her in trouble. But that is what her character is based on 9 times out of 10. That is what her character is very much about. Like Alexa said, Babe doesn't think things true instead she makes impulse descions and choices based on what she feels she should do based on the emotions she feels when put in difficult situations.

One could see most of 2005 Babe climbing up to redemption.

Archived