Y&R Discussion: Week of February 19th

• Members

Amber and her friend Alison were annoying. They looked skanky dancing together and their scenes werent funny. Why is Amber so hot to marry Cain? Im surprised by how quickly this story is being wrapped up. Cant give Jill and Kat too much airtime

I also hate how Jill keeps referring to Cain as Phillip. He is NOT Phillip. The baby's were switched and the baby she named and called Phillip is her dead son. This kid doesnt have that name and I wish she would call him my son instead

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He was originally named Philip though Cheap - so he is the original Phillip - even though we as fans knew another guy as Philip. But to Jill he is her Philip because he is the Philip she gave birth too. So I can see that.

The reason that Amber wants to marry Cain is she has figured out he is Jill's son and she wants the Chancellor money.

I love this story, but it could have been so much better. Latham messed up twice here. First was deaging Philip. He should be much older. And 2nd is involving Amber.

I am so going to look forward to the battles between Kay, Jill & Amber to some degree. But they would have been so much better if it had been some other gold digger and not Amber. I can't stand her.

• Members

Yes, Jill may share a connection with Cane because she gave birth to him, he is not Phillip. Phillip is buried 6 feet under ground and it seems that Jill is totally forgetting about that. She is totally forgetting the young man she raised, the young man that had he alcohol problem, and the young man that she buried due to his problem. To me, it seems like Jill got over the real Phillip too soon. It's like, "Oh well, the boy I raised, knew and loved, he's dead. My real son is out there, so that is all I am concerned with." This storyline is so contrived and I find it very funny that the same people criticizing other writers for the lack of creativity are the same praising The Hack.

• Members

Okay...It's going to one of those "Wipe the Egg Off Your Face" situations where Kevin is concerned

Jack should keep his trap shut and stick by Colleen's side...Here's a man who watched Victor Newman have a heart attack and actually walk over him, kicking dude's hand in the process...so he should keep his mouth closed.

Second...Brad should keep his boring mouth shut too. If it wasn't for him and all his mess from his past, then maybe his daughter wouldn't be in a hospital bed.

Lastly is J.T. he couldn't solve a case to save his soul...he's stupid and once again, he's going to look dumb trying to stick it to Kevin.

• Members

I am not belittling anyone by this because I don't know who of you has children and who don't. But I can tell you one thing even as a dad there is a connection to every child that you never forget esp. if that child is from you own blood. And I can only imagine that the bond is even greater for a Mother who carried that child for 9 months and then suffered through labor to bring that child into the world.

My aunt gave a child up for adoption when she was young because she couldn't see herself raising him. She has 3 other kids but I know many times she has told me that there is still a special bond with that first child that she has never seen or even held. She loves it just as if she raised it herself, because it came out of her.

So I don't think Jill's affection for Cain or her ties to him are contrived at all. And I have not bought that she has forgotten Philip at all. Many times it has been written and expressed by Jill & Kay both how much they still love Philip. She knows Philip is dead and there is nothing she can do about that right, but as a mother she is trying to take care of the child that she can.

So no none of this is contrived.

• Members

oh I thought Kat had the kids switched as soon as Jill gave birth and before she named him.

As for the wedding, I thought the reason for it was to keep Cain from being departed. I didnt realize Amber knew the truth. If they are going to write her as some gold digger, I wish they'd make her more of a biyatch and not some sweet nice girls that they are portraying. I really wish she had learned her lesson after dealing with the Forresters but she's back to her old tricks

• Members

And that is your opinion. I disagree.

I can understand a mother's connection to a child she gave birth to. I'm not a woman, nor do I have any children, so I cannot go by experience, only by thought. I'm sorry, but I feel a parent, not even just a mother, is going to have more of a connection to a child she raised than a total stranger. That is what Cain is to Jill. Yes, biologically, he is her son. But he's a complete stranger.

I'm not saying that Jill should never accept Cain as her son. But this is all happening too fast and with very little emotion. Jill showed little resistance after she found out about the baby switch. She instantly wanted to find her son. I would have rather Jill been in denial for a while and even spite Katherine for what she's done. No, we have a day of spite and then the next day the two are sipping tea together and laughing, attached at the hip again.

This storyline is one of the most contrived storylines I have ever seen on Y&R. Katherine suddenly, afer 30 years, suddenly has a breakthrough and starts dreaming about a ring. Then, she just coincidentally met a woman in a bar that knew how to steal babies. Cain coincidentally landed in Genoa City after talking to Amber, who coincidentally has been put in a storyline with Jill and Kay. Cain and Phillip coincidentally share the same birthdate. Jill and Cain coincedentally share scenes together where Jill talks about how wonderful of a man Cain is and Cain talks about only wanting to see his parents, just as Jill is telling Ji-Min about her son, Phillip.

It's BS and I'm embarrassed as a Y&R fan to say that I continue to watch this garbage. But, as for most of the world, the television is on out of habit and I am usually in the other room.

• Members

So lets just make Jana Nikki's real daughter and Victoria is the switch and talk about the drive to have a connection and it's all okay. Is that going to be a great storyline? Lets just forget that we watched Heather Tom grow up as Victoria in front of our faces. Lets just forget that character because Nikki has a connection to Jana that overpowers her connection to Vicky. Give me a break!

Would you not see this as contrived either?

• Members

You would think that she would, but evidently she hasn't.

Right now Amber's sweet nice girl thing is a front. Genoa City has not fully seen the real Amber yet. Not that I want it too either. I didn't like her on B&B and I don't like her here.

If Bloom wanted a tie in with another show on CBS there are so many other "gold diggers" they could have chosen for this. Why Amber. Hell I would have taken Jessica Dunphy as Allison on here better than I could Amber.

As to the deportation thing, that is the reason that Amber is giving Cain for it.

What would have been even more interesting is if they could have had one of the Brooks girls from the premise of the series to suddenly come up with a daughter in that age group. Imagine the irony in Jill losing her "new" Philip to one of the Brooks girls offspring esp. after she married Stuart Brooks for his money and social position.

But the only one of the Brooks girls that had a child in that age range was Chris who married Snapper. And even though Snapper and Jill aren't related now, it would still seem weird for Snapper's daughter to get involved with Jill's son.

• Members

This Jana reveal is really great and I'm loving the fall out. Brad punching Kevin was very well done! I really have no complaints about this episode, I just wish the show could be consistantly this good and build from what they give us.

Oh yeah, I forgot I DO have complaints. Amber still sucks and is sucking up too much screentime. I will never get over the fact that Jill and Katherine's story is 100% Amber's story. They better go with JillMin.

• Members

Sorry. I see some of it you are saying but very little.

I just ask you this.

How is it so hard to believe any of this but.......

.......yet it is easy to believe that Stefano can rise from the dead what a billion times now - exaggerating but it is there

.......or that a person who is only supposed to be 10 can suddenly be in his late 20's

.......or that a woman can be possessed by the devil

........or that a woman can be cloned and be reborn on a show

.......or even that a woman can suddenly remember that she gave birth to a child years and years ago but never has mentioned it before.

At least here Kay was an alcoholic for years, and psychiatric and psychological research and evidence shows that alcoholics or even non-alcoholics can bury things they have done in their subconscious for years and years and can suddenly be triggered by something. Especially after they come off the booze. And for many years now Kay was a alcoholic. Hearing Lauren's baby was the big thing that triggered her memories.

And at least here with Jill - the idea of a bond with a child she gave birth too is there.

Sorry but for all the things that soaps ask us to believe today this is by far the least offensive of any of them.

• Members

I'm not saying that the storyline doesn't make sense. The Hack was lucky enough to have Kay's alcoholism in the past. The storyline has little errors. I'm not saying that it doesn't make sense. It's contrived though. And for you to say it's not, that amazes me.

Archived