Y&R Discussion: Week of February 19th

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I totally agree with what you are saying DeeDee.. Quite funny how Jeanne and Jesse are making these cameo appearances in the very storyline that was SUPPOSED to be theirs, not Amber's :rolleyes:

They could have done this sooo many ways, minus the Amber equation.

Could have had Paul/J.T....heck, better yet, they could have had Maggie Sullivan (someone fresh and somewhat new) working to locate Jill's son. Cane could have still been brought on (once again, folks, minus Amber's presence)..he still could have come to GC and worked at Indigo.... Oh well..... :P

• Members

Kay and Jill are back attached at the hip although this news should drive them further and further apart. I want to see the emotional implications. Let Fake!Phillip return in dreams so Jill can let go, I want to see her pain and anger. This is so half baked. The Amber part is the only part developed.

If anyone truly thinks they're doing Nina vs Jill 2.0 with Amber you need to forget it. This is always going to be Amber or whoever else they put Cane with's story.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Feb 21 2007, 05:57 PM)
This is so half baked. The Amber part is the only part developed.

That's because Amber is one of LML's favorites, she's quirky and odd in a bad way.....The only people who really like the character are the ones who think along the same lines as LML, and thats not many...... :lol:

I totally agree, with the way the show is being written and the way characters are acting; I feel like Im watching some new show that happens to have Y&R characters in it......If this wasnt Y&R I wouldn't be watching...... :mellow:

• Members

I'm SAYING! :rolleyes: It's hard to fathom how a storyline pertaining to Jill and Katherine so QUICKLY disintegrated into "All about Amber". WTF? <_< Even worse is the writing is a complete (but much, MUCH less exciting) :rolleyes: rework of the original Phillip/Nina storyline. Let me refresh some memories with this backstory I searched for and found today:

Nina set her sights on Cricket's boyfriend, Phillip Chancellor III, heir to the Chancellor fortune. Nina got Phillip drunk, seduced him, and ended up pregnant. Phillip's mother, Jill and Katherine Chancellor, disapproving of Nina, tried but failed to buy her off. Nina had a son, Phillip IV, and she and Phillip married. Jill and Kay set Nina up by hiring handsome Jabot employee, Chase Benson, to seduce Nina and prove her an unfit mother. Their plan backfired. But Phillip's drinking problem soon led to his death when his sportscar slammed into a tree.

I mean really. :mellow: Not even a fresh new storyline. Same damn setup, almost the same execution. I didn't like Nina, but that skank had me tuned to my tv set EVERY day she was on. Amber bores me. She's like a cartoon. And they couldn't think up a new scenario for some goldigger trying to marry into the Chancellor fortune? I guess they just figured "It worked the first time around, let's try it again!" Except with a crap actress and an even crappier character.

BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Brad...BORING! I always thought he was SCUM, but at least he made his scenes, whether you liked him or not, fun to watch. WTF is going on? If I hear the word reliquary one more time, "I'M" going to kill some damn body and pin it on Kevin. Plus, he is so clearly mismatched with Victoria that it is just painful to watch their scenes together, especially the lovemaking ones. UGH!

Why did they start the Victor/Jack battle.....then loop Victor up in the Nazi crap? Dammit, I want my Victor/Jack showdown. I'm tired of waiting months on end with all this back and forth. If you're going to make us wait and wait, at least make it worth it. Not ONE storyline that has dragged on has been worth what we've received in the end. Prime example:

Sheila as Phyllis. :angry: I never liked Sheila, but I admit, when she had her first couple of outings on Y&R, that was some PRIME afternoon television viewing! I was working my daily schedule around not missing Y&R. The last two appearances in Genoa City? Not even worth brains cells I lost wasting my time watching such drivel.

And what about the dropped balls. I am still waiting to know what Tom left in that safety deposit box for Kevin that everyone just unexplicably stopped searching for.

Why has everyone completely dismissed the fact that even though Dru has been saying some nutty things, even if she were to sabotage herself, as the quack had the nerve to tell Neil yesterday, in what world do you make calls to yourself? Dru has received calls and hangups increasingly on her home, work AND cell phone, within earshot of her family and best friend! If I can sit at home and figure this out, why can't anyone in Genoa City, or worse, the writers? I find it so stupid that everyone is so fast to jump on the "Dru is a loonboon" bandwagon. IS what she says so crazy when we just finished seeing Sheila rearrange her face to look like Phyllis? When Amber solves the Phillip/Cane puzzle in less than a WEEK, but it took Paul and JT, PRIVATE INVESTIGATORS, no less, a couple of MONTHS? When Victor, Victoria and Brad EASILY unearth a treasure within ONE WEEK of cracking the code. Yet HOW MANY people dealing with the cactacombs passed over a treasure, that was BARELY HIDDEN, for nearly 60 years? :rolleyes: Just ridiculous.

Oh, and I am a Sharon HA-TER from DAY 1, but I have been actually LOVING her scenes. WTF? Oh nooooo, something is seriously wrong here. :lol: Although in seriousness here, I do believe this is solely because Sharon Case has really become a much better actress than she used to be. She makes just about everything she is given "WORK".

Nikki - please give Mrs. Newman something other to do than !@#$%^&*] at Sharon every time she sees her. I like Nikki, always have, but I am tired of her blatant hypocrisy and just flat out nastiness. GIVE HER SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE TO DO!

I found the Kevin/Colleen scenes refreshing, as well as the scene when he was really torn up and crying over Jana (before he knew she was the killer). Greg is really and excellent actor. I think they (Kevin and Colleen) are going to end up together. I've been calling this since last year. Thin line between love and hate, folks, thin line. :lol: I know that's not a popular idea around these parts, but I want to see something exciting and unexpected. Not this bull we've had to suffer for so very long. My favorite soap is dying a slow, painful death. I'm continuing to tune in daily, because I don't want to abandon it. I'd feel like a traitor having watched since 1978. I keep hoping against hope that it's going to go back to knocking my socks off liek it once did. IMO, the only thing it has going for it right now is that it's not NEARLY as bad as B&B has become.

Didn't mean to ramble, just started griping and the post took on a life of it's own. Consider this my Y&R post for the month. :lol:

• Members

Lawdy LAWD! :lol: @ these foreigners in the Czech Republic having security video in burial tombs. And it just happened to be trained EXACTLY where the treasure was hidden. (The treasure nobody over SIX decades managed to stumble upon before yesterday, I might add). Nobody in Genoa City has security cameras other than Crimson Lights! Most notably Newman Enterprises where any and I do mean EVERYBODY can just mosey up in the joint and harass employees, search desks, plant false evidence, etc, etc, etc. No cameras by the elevators OR in the parking garage. But oh wait, there's a security camera that can see in the dark in the cacatcombs. Ain't that a blip? :lol:

Can Amber just please sit her tired behind down? <_< That has to be the lamest striptease in the history of television. I guess the person that taught Nikki Reed how to ride a pole retired from the crew.

Archived