Y&R Discussion: Week of February 19th

• Members

26.gif ladies and gents...

When we left off on last week's Y&R...we saw Jana very much alive, Colleen once again locked into a refrigerator, and Kevin frazzled.

We also saw Amber up to her old little tricks, Vicky getting a bit heated when she saw Brad the Cad with Sharon, and some tense times between Jill and Kay.

So, what's in store for us this week?

Dru will continue to spiral out of control, insisting she is right about Carmen....Nikki will be a bit heated where Brad and Sharon are concerned (no surprise there)...Kornball Korbel and J.T. the Bore Helstrom team up to look for their lady....Phyllis sees red when Nick and Sharon share a close moment;...... More reliquary snoozefest for us to see.. also, Jill will learn the truth.

Talk to you all about what was good and what was bad on this Week's Y&R....

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I heard Kevin is suppossed to blast Jana today. I missed Friday's episode, but I think she confessed.

It will funny to watch Phyllis act like some betrayed wife. LMAO. Oh, the irony. I guess Nick's bored with finding out if the curtains match the drapes.

Nikki needs to mind her own business. Chase after Zapato to keep yourself busy; canines form kinship with other b*tches.

Dru should get the ghost busters to fix this Carmen problem or just wait for her with a baseball bat.

• Members

"Listen Bitch!" :lol: I almost peed my pants! Boy I am not going to be able to take Dru's exit! Who is going to be this fabulous once she's gone?

I love all the Nick and Sharon stuff, they were a mess, but so much more interesting than Nick and Pod!Phyllis. It's also nice that Latham hasn't forgotten about their relationship and it still writing for it.

The stuff with Jana is great. I know many don't agree, but I think Jana's a good choice for the killer. I just wish they hadn't included the reliquary in it. Pick one or the other! The positive is that this crap SHOULD be over soon.

• Members

What I don't get is why Colleen is now convinced Kevin has changed. It's not like he risked himself to save her, which is what I was hoping for. It was strange to see her do a 180 just because Jana turned on him.

I can't get into Nick and Sharon. It's played out for me.

• Members

I was skeptical at first when I heard Jana was the killer but watching it unfold on screen it is actually making me want to watch Y&R again and not forcing myself, which I have been doing the last month or so. I've always liked Jana and been intrigued by her and finally we are getting all the answers and it creates now an interesting dynamic between Hot Mess Carlton and Kevin Fisher.

They are so going to push them together now. I could care less about Amber and her plots.... she has no place in GC and now is the centre of every storyline.

I totally agree with Chris B! There will be a major void once Dru is gone. I loved her yelling into the phone! "I'm gonna stat-69 this heifer" :lol:

• Members

Well, the plot itself is STUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPID - didn't I predict everything after Friday's show? Oh no, I already came to this conclusion on Thursday as the worst possible solution for everything and VOILA!

That said, Monday's show was exciting. The girl playing Jana once again showed me why I liked her (too bad, bye honey, bye one more talent) and Greg Rikaart and Adrienne Leon were equally fabulous. Also love the image of Coll&Kev locked in a fridge-room.

Thinking of that, 10 bucks that Colleen will leave the room PREGNANT! :lol::lol::lol:

Nikki was a first class b*tch but usually when my Nikki-hatred is in full swing this is a sign of a good story. So, okay, bring it on ladies. Brad & Victoria... :blink:

To summarize my point: great actors, in stupid stories, trying their best to make it watchable episodes.

• Members

You keep thinking they are a flop as for Nick and Sharon they are beyond boring and time to end which they did.

As for Kevin, Colleen and Jana, they rocked today. I so would not mind Kevin and Colleen. There is something there with them. I mean they could be a match made in hell if you look at it. LOL

• Members

Great show today, It was so good I did not even let the R storyline bug me at all today, I am just happy that the storyline seems like it might be coming to a close soon, at least the ending looks to be much more interesting than the first 6 months of the dreaded storyline, I just hope it is really over this time.

• Members

For the past few months I've been watching Y&R daily, and I never knew Drucilla was self-centered nutcase. Carmen "pulled a Sheila" and murdered her look-a-like just so she could frame Dru for the crime?

Who is this Jana girl? I don't remember her from 10 years ago when I used to watch with my grandma :P The whole British accent seems very gimmicky, and thought her look with the red hair extensions was very Days of Our Lives-ish. Just the impression I got.

Have the storylines on Y&R always been this far-fetched? I really enjoyed all the Pheila stuff. But this Jana killing Carmen because she witnessed her looking through stuff that could've led her to the billion-dollar artifact and so then she faked her own death but then framed Korbel (is he Phillip?) but that didn't work so now she's going to kill Kevin and Colleen because they know the truth and she'll be happy as can be? Plus Kay gave away Jill's Phillip who is dead. I'm sorry, but it's just bizarre. It's like the Mitch Laurence stuff...so many outlandish plots within plots that confuse me to no end. Am I the only viewer who feels this way, or is it just because I haven't been watching long enough?

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Feb 19 2007, 12:35 PM)
"Listen !@#$%^&*]!" :lol: I almost peed my pants! Boy I am not going to be able to take Dru's exit! Who is going to be this fabulous once she's gone?

I love all the Nick and Sharon stuff, they were a mess, but so much more interesting than Nick and Pod!Phyllis. It's also nice that Latham hasn't forgotten about their relationship and it still writing for it.

The stuff with Jana is great. I know many don't agree, but I think Jana's a good choice for the killer. I just wish they hadn't included the reliquary in it. Pick one or the other! The positive is that this crap SHOULD be over soon.

I haven't seen the "Listen !@#$%^&*]" quote, but here's what I like:

1. LONG-RANGE plotting. The reliquary story started last summer, and it seemed pretty clear that Jana was the one who broke into Brad's house (but, strangely, returned Victoria's jewelry from the "dumpster behind Crimson Lights"). We now know this was a diversion to plant the bug and maybe look for some Grugeon clues.

2. In the ensuing almost-year, this umbrella story has come to link so many islanded characters together. Jana was involved with the Fishers. The Carlton-Kaplan family was transformed by its' fear of the reliquary hunters. Now we know that the Carmen Mesta saga became tied to all of this, and thus the Winters' family is connected. Now, many have reservations about the specific plots (me too!), but the craftspersonship of such long-range plotting, and such inter-weaving of plots--is virtually absent from the daytime canvas today.

This is almost Marland-esque....the seamless interweaving of character group and the dynamic interleaving of their plots. It has become difficult to almost see where one storyline ends and the other begins.

My positive emotion for Y&R has waned in the last few months, but seeing this carefully constructed reveal has renewed my enthusiasm.

Archived