ALL: Worst recasts!

• Members

If you started watching DAYS under RKK though (as many did), you might. Some who started watching DAYS then had no pre-conception of Bo before RKK and didn't know Reckell from Adam. I could see where from their POV, Reckell was a recast. And a bad one at that. :lol:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Y&R

Christel Khalil as Lily Winters

Susan Walters as Diane Jenkins (LOVE Walters, but Alex Donnely IS Diane Jenkins)

Kelly Kruger as Mackenzie (or as my sis calls her, Mackabelly)

Ryan Brown as Billy Abbott

Michelle Stafford as Sheila Carter (LOVE Stafford, not buyin it)

• Members

Really? Wow! I actually thought you started under RKK, which is why I was surprised by your comment. So you missed "BURIED ALIVE"? Wow. Reilly's Best Story EVER IMO. It hooked you right from the set-up.

And I totally agree with DeGrassi about Krista Allen as Billie. Forgot about her. HORRID Re-Cast!

• Members

Yeah, I missed most famous Reilly-esque storylines (Possession, Buried Alive, Aremid). I tuned in the summer of '96 when Marlena was being held captive by Stefano in the golden cage below Paris.

As for Krista Allen, again I hadn't watched Lisa Rinna back then, so I enjoyed Allen's Billie. To me, she's the best Billie to be Lauren Koslow's Kate's daughter. Rinna and Pinson look more like Koslow's sisters than her daughters, but Pinson is my favorite Billie.

• Members

i agree with what u said about pr as a recast. i was one of the people who started watching when RKK was bo and then PR came on and i was like what?! lol. but i do like reckell.. correction, i find him hot.

and wow. we agree again. i do truley belive allen as billie is one of the worst recasts ever. yeah she had the sexy vamp look, but she didnt have the acting skills. she playd billie as a one layer skank who tried to justify what she did. with a good actress, they would hav gotten the many complex layers down and pulled it off.

• Members

GL:

The Harley recast when she was on pregnancy leave.No,I don't mean Hayley Barr who played on ATWT.I can't remember her name. I see her face clearly!

Marj Dusay:I am sorry but I have never liked her as Alex.

Ann Hamilton and Barbara Crampton as Mindy.

Richard Van Vleet as Ed Bauer

ATWT

Betsy Von Furstenburg as Lisa

Patty McCormick as Kim

AUSTIN PECK as Brad

I could think of more but I will stop there.

• Members

Robert Kelker-Kelly, althought not as good as Peter Reckell, was a good Bo IMHO. Martha Madison is the BEST Belle Black ever IMHO. Kirsten Storms was ok as the teen Belle, but Madison far outranks her in acting talent. Brandon Beemer's a better actor IMHO than Jason Cook, so in that perspective he's a better Shawn, although he's not as handsome. Kyle Brandt IMHO was the best Phillip Kiriakis. Looked more like a marine. That said I'm liking Jay Kenneth Johnson's second run as Phillip though and I'm glad he's back instead a newby in the role.

WORD. The absolutely worst re-cast in DAYS history and 1 of the Top 5 of daytime history IMHO.

Definitely Ron, that's one of the reasons I quit ATWT at that time. I loved Alyson Rice-Taylor, the original Connor. And ONE LIFE's Luna as Connor was absolutley STUPID AS HELL.

Agree on most of your DAYS choices. I still see Josh Taylor as Chris Kositchek, I'll never understand why DAYS had him come back as yet another established character. Still makes no sense to me. Steve Wilder looked like a Ken doll and absolutely wrong for Jack. Stephanie Cameron was ok as Jenn, but DAYS could've done better. Don't remember Fata as Stefano, refresh my memory. Was he the recent temp Stefano whose face wasn't shown, or maybe he was on when I had stopped watching DAYS for awhile.

I thought Ingle was ok as Mickey. Gerse is ok as Will, but now that he's older, he kinda looks weird being taller than Sami & Lucas, but in real-life some kids get taller than their parents.

I agree with your ATWT choices except for Collier who I thinked did a good job as Mike, McCouch whose a good Dusty, and I really liked Brian Bloom in the role. Mantooth I thought was ok as Hal, but of course, was NO Ben Hendrickson.

I agree on Howarth, but Trevor St. John is a very good re-cast as Todd.

I agree. I thougth at the time he was a very poor actor. His acting talent has grown as Nash on ONE LIFE.

Ridings sucked as JR, horrible acting. Paudling was NOT Bianca, absolutely HORRIBLE and IMHO fugly. Agree with Anderson as well and Kurt Caceres was the temp Mateo.

WRONG about Laura Wright, who is oen of the best re-casts in daytime history. I think Natalia Livington is a good Emily and I don't understand the Emily hate, I guess it's just the Amber Tamblyn lovers.

ABSOLUTELY to Eileen Davidson as Kelly. STUPID, and part of the reason of SB getting cancelled. And agree with these other choices as well.

Archived