DAYS: OH SWEET JESUS LET IT BE TRUE!!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I sure hope this is true. I wouldn't mind Susan back for a little while but of course, Kristen has got to be back long term, maybe Susan as well. I definitely do not want any of the other characters brought back. The overkill of her many characters grew very tiresome and was the main reason I quit watching DAYS at that time. I've also read that Eileen Davidson stated it was exhausting playing so many characters and was part of the reason she left DAYS.

• Members

Pfffft!

No show NEEDS anybody -- except maybe GH/Sonny, since the show revolves around him.

This is why soaps are an ensemble effort, so that no one character is absolutely "needed," but it'd be damn nice to have your favorites back!

And personally, I'd love for the show to "revolve around Eileen again." Of course, that was 10 years ago... and a different writer, so what makes you think the show would revolve around her, anyway?

I can think of ten characters I'd get rid of in a heartbeat to make room for Eileen. Yes, there are characters already on the show who can be focused on... but when something BETTER comes along, you just have to make sacrifices, damn it.

• Members

Eileen may have gotten her soap start on Y&R, but her popularity soared to high heaven when she was on DAYS. I agree, Eileen is a very vital part of DAYS' history. Kristen could come back to Salem without having to face the authorities because she was only presumed dead; there was/is nothing criminal that they'd have to charge her for.

It'd be interesting to see Kristen back in Salem withOUT James Reilly being the headwriter in charge of her storylines.

Archived