DAYS: OH SWEET JESUS LET IT BE TRUE!!

• Members

Exactly. Eileen is not only arguably the best actress in daytime, but she's also fearless. Those two qualities add up to be magic onscreen. She put herself out there. She wasn't worried about looking ugly or sounding goofy. She gained my admiration big time during her Kristen/Susan storyline. In a genre so caught up in superficial beauty where talent is an afterthought, Eileen BROUGHT it. She's just amazing.

Oh man, WHEN will we get confirmation? Seeing EK4L's thoughts on the matter have me verrry encouraged!!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree about her not being afraid to look ugly or sound ridiculous. Susan Banks was a ridiculous character, and Eileen Davidson made herself look downright awful and sound downright hideous in that role. And despite it all, she brought the character heart. She made viewers love her! Any other character that outrageous would've been booed away from the get-go, but Eileen made her more than just a caricature.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dr2EfTDqKI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZX1uoO1WVQ

• Members

Eileen is good. Even though IMO her best work has been on Y&R, it's inevitable that she'd be back on DAYS before the year is up. Let's hope only Kristen returns, because the others were a joke.

I don't know about fearless though in that sense. Many actresses have gone without makeup and such.

• Members

LoL! It's not just about her going without makeup. The teeth, the thick southern accent, the ridiculous vocabulary ("VAAAAMPIRES!"), and all done with the most complete feeling of seriousness. I once heard Bea Arthur say that comedy isn't about a funny line -- it's about being completely serious when you say it.

Archived