AMC: Josh Madden is dead too me!

• Members

^^I agree with you for the most part.

However, I have to question whether it really affected their ratings. As viewers, we knew the secret well before the Mardi Gras ball in Feb. - and during the Ball is when Tad finally told Erica. The secret came out later that spring to Josh. Now, during most of all this time, AMC was at #3 in the ratings and consistently pulling in 2.7-2.9's. It wasn't until June 2006 that the ratings started to tank, when Greg died and the unabortion was really a non-issue in the fact that people have known for a LONG time he was her 'unaborted son'.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ratings, never fell, no, but he never made them jump. In fact that week in July when Erica was publically outed, the ratings did nose dive. So, while Josh being the fetus didnt have an overly negative impact on the ratings, his being Kane-Marting spawn did NOTHING to help ratings. Do with that what you want.

Tzelkos, ITA wtih this :

That's exactly what I've been trying to say, just not so good. :) I don't care anymore. I'm not trying to fix this. Or get him not to be the fetus anymore. If someone came to mre tomorrow and told me they'd fix this if I asked, I'd say "do whatver, I don't care anymore." But I will NEVER, EVER let AMC or the fans for that matter forget what they did. Period. It's all I can do at this point, and like I told MMT and Fronsie in numerous emails, they man have won the battle, but the war will always continue. As long as I go internet access, LOL, and places to post I plan to make people remember what AMC did to Josh. If we can stop this crap from happening, just once, it's a little bit of a victory, IMO, and the main reason why we have to always remember and complain about him,

And for the record, I knew who Josh was in August of last year, and Fronsie confirmed it for me in an email in September, so I've known, and I fought longer then most. I always feel like becuase of that, I had a personal stake in things, and that I failed, sine I had such a heads up. :(

• Members

I never thought that Josh was a ratings problem. I thought it was cleasr they were moving Josh to be Erica's child from the day the casted him and they had their first new beginnings scenes. Back when Josh was played by that young green guy. Then they kicked it up and they had Tad tell Erica the truth back in Febuary sweeps. The ratings didn't hurt at all when Josh's parentage was revealed. If anything when Tad told Erica the truth that was one of the weeks we got a 3.1 daily

It wasn't until July when we started going down to the 2.5's

• Members

I have a love/hate thing going on with Josh, most of the time I like him, but lately Josh has been acting like Ryan. Coming across as borish when it comes to Kendall.

Personally I think JR was ruined because of Babe, but JR is used to prop both Babe and Josh though.

• Members

Where did the idea that Josh was a rating's problem come from? He didn't help the ratings, but he didnt hurt them either.

The reveal in Feb. doesn't count, IMO, beccause it was a big sweeps, with Dixie coming back, Ethan dying, etc. so while Josh was a part of the mix, he wasn't the only storyline, and in fact while the [!@#$%^&*] was hitting the fan with him, they backed off this storyline for awhile, and we didn't see Erica for days at a time. So there we go.

I knew Josh was her son since the day the casting call went out. And I knew he was feuts the day Greg Madden mentioned her abortion. Plus, Frons is a bastard, and gave me some lame-o answer when I asked, so I knew. Doesn't change my feelings on the matter.

Anyone who posted with me, pre-Jan. 30th of last year, knows that ther was no bigger fan of Josh and Josh as Erica's son, then me. I had that kids back from the casting call, no matter who played him. He was my Diva's son, and that was all that mattered. But, things change, and I don't care what Josh does, he will always, be dead to me.

Archived