AMC: Josh Madden is dead too me!

• Members

Awesome post! I always love your posts but rarely do I enjoy them AND agree lol.

I blame McTavish almost exclusively but I also have to say I don't think Colin is a very good actor. To me he's extremely wooden. That said, even a young Michael E. Knight-type actor could not salvage this pathetic, boring and history-destroying character.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like your posts too, but rarely agree :lol: , aww debate... isn't it grand?

Colin yes I mean he has improved since he first took over this role but that does not help matter.

Sorry A-Man, wherever you are.... I know your his #1 fan..... but I couldn't hold it in any longer :lol:

• Members

:D that's all. I am so very proud. Grinning like a proud mother. :D You learn well, grasshopper. Now, anyone want me to list the just how easy it would be for the fetus to be the murderer, and why it makes perfect sense? ;) I live to see the day that monstricity is off of AMC.

• Members

I wish so much that Josh would have been Kendall's twin. I think they have a great sibling vibe. I just can't take Josh when he's in "all about Babe" mode. I really do think CE has gotten better. Over the summer there were times when he is painful to watch, but now he's better. He's the type of person who should be playing a good character though. He doesn't have what it takes to play a complex, shades of gray person like Zack or JR.

• Members

Second rape baby would have been just as much of a violation of Erica as the fetus is. I'm so sick of her being someones victim. Of her being violated left and right, and having to play mother to those violations. Josh is an abmoination. And I don't care what or who he does. He needs to die.

• Members

Adam - you are dead to ME now!

haha - jk.

I like Colin - he's hot - I don't really like how Josh pines after Babe - I'm tired of the triangle - but I like him as Kendall and Bianca's brother - and I am over this history re-write, why dwell? - so I say keep Josh on, just get him away from Babe.

That's all.

• Members

Why dwell? Because this Erica fan has already had to stand for her playing mother to ONE violation. Now two. And no one seems to give a damn. Greg didn't even die for Josh, he friggin died for Kate. Whom, Dixie signed over. No one cares that Erica keeps having to go through this [!@#$%^&*]. No one has ever once, given her a hug, and told her they're on her side, at least not in a way that i believe is acceptable in the situation. But the fetus, the fetus is SAINT. The fetus can do no wrong, despite the fact that he drugged Erica, and all that other shitty crap he did. He is nothing but a plot point and pimp to Babe. He's my Diva's only son, and he's a friggin violation of her body, mind and soul, not to mention a piece of science fiction trash. She runs around trying to make him love her. Why? What the hell did she do wrong? And...that abortion wasn't just part of AMC history it was part of real life. History making. It was written about in textbooks, critically accliamed, and something worth talking about. And now...it's trash. That's why we should dwell.

• Members

OK, I just have to say it. A human being no matter how they came into the world is not a "violation". It's not Kendall's fault she was a child of rape. The way the writers brought Josh on was a violation of history and I understand being pissed about that, but no one is forcing Erica to be in his life.

• Members

The rape was a violation of Erica's body. Kendall is a product of the rape. I love Kendall. And how she came to be has never effected how I feel about her. But she was created by a violation on Erica's body. I don't hold Kendall resposnsible for her conception, but in the end, it is what is it is.

Erica made a decision. Erica made a choice. Erica wanted to abort her baby. Greg Madden not only violated her body, her voilated her trust. Violated her very sense of being. Josh being alive is a violation on Erica's body.

• Members

I'm not saying there shouldn't be reasons to dwell or to be upset with it.

I'm just saying that what's done is done, and we can sit and dwell on the fact forever, or we can move on. I, personally, prefer to move on bc 1) it's a SOAP, not my real life 2) we only live once and aren't guaranteed a set # of years or days in this world 3) I tend to be grateful for what I have in life and [!@#$%^&*]ing about something fictional that won't change isn't worth my time anymore.

That's just my personal opinion.

• Members

The hardest thing I did was give up fighting to change this. And I have. But that does not mean I have to stop hating it. Dwelling would be fighting to keep fixing this. But I can't, so I piss and moan, and [!@#$%^&*] whenever I have the chance because Josh took AMC from me. Plan and simple. I will always be angry that AMC was ripped from me the way that it was. I will always mourn AMC and mourn seeing Erica everyday. But dwelling, I ain't.

• Members

You know that I have hated the idea from the start but the first actor gave Josh some sensitivity and he was likeable so I tried to like it. This guy is the WORST. I think his acting stinks and he there is NOTHING about him to like at all. He sets my teeth on edge in every scene he is in. . If AMC had to have Erica find a 30 year old son, than why couldn't he have been Kendall's twin? I know the Richard Fields thing is icky but it would have had far more drama to it, IMO. I just hate this character completely. I hate the way he uses his sisters to get that loser Babe. I hate the way he disregards JR and their marriage just like his loser bio father does with Erica and Jack :angry: . He is just a worthless character and my dream would be for Hazel to come forward with documentation that he is NOT Erica Kane's child in any way, shape, or form and he leaves town for good.

• Members

I like Josh. I think Colin is a very good actor as well. I saw him on Niptuck (season two, episode 15) and I thought he did wonderfully well in his scene. He plays vulnerable very very well IMO and I do think he has what it takes to be a gray character. I think he could be a grey shaded character. I thought of Josh as a (Kendell 92-95 and with hints of David in him as well). I think he is a great character and I think he is a great addition to the Kane family. They needed a man there. I felt that they needed to have atleast one male Kane. They finally got him. As to the way he came on I would have loved for Josh to have been Phil Brent's son. Erica would have gone ape crazy that he was taken from her because she loved that baby soo much and wanted him and even had a break down because he was stillborn. It was a classic soap set up and it had soo much potential. They could have brought Phil and the story would have been even more touching.

• Members

Re: dwelling, I agree that what's done in this particular case is done. They will never undo the unbartion, even if Megan ever leaves (which I'm hearing won't happen, not even in April). It would be ridiculous to have Tad suddenly say "hey Erica and Jeff remember how I told you guys that Josh was your son, well I made boo-boo".

That said, I hope people never entirely move on from it because I don't want TPTB to ever forget how pissed off the fans were, how much they were bashed in the soap press, how far the ratings fell and how they better never pull something like this ever again. And I don't want them to ever think "well we can do whatever the heck we want and no matter how pissed off people are, if we wait it out we'll win".

But since they never learn from their mistakes (they are doing the exact same thing to Stuart Damon @ GH that they did to John Ingle and came to regret) maybe it's useless.

Archived