Is SOAPnet getting Guiding Light?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hmm, ya...wiki can't be trusted. and I agree...SoapNet needs more classics!! Sunset Beach would be great, or anything for that matter. Dark Shadows would be cool too....I was so mad when Sci-fi stopped airing it. Although now, I'm collecting the DVD's so, I'm cool...

• Members

HEY! Don't diss Nancy! She's very accurate. She's just funny and opinionated.

Anyhoo...

Don't trust Wikipedia. But GL on SOAPnet would be so fantastic. Seeing GL on SOAPnet was awesome. The picture resolution was digital, crisp, clear. I just really liked seeing it on the channel.

• Members

Guys, please don't lose confidence in Wikipedia. We've recently had a user join who makes several edits per day, which are almost always out and out lies. Due to the rules, we can't just ban him, it's going to take a while. But once he's gone for good Wikipedia WILL be an accurate source of information for soaps, just like it used to be.

ETA: He has just been banned. Wikipedia's soap section is accurate again. It's going to take a while to delete all his crap, but no new crap will be added.

• Members

I can't tell u how many people I know personally & those I've chatted with online that don't trust anything or are very suspicious of Wikipedia. They just don't bother with that site. Wikipedia is about as reliable as...the National Enquirer...the Weekly World News...James E. Reilly's promises to NBC that he'll improve PSN within his deadlines! :lol: Be very careful whenever on Wikipedia, SONers! Juppiter, u can do whatever u want to do. :blink:

Brian Frons, Destroyer Of ABC Daytime, has gushed about GL, but it had nothing to do with the show. Being the arrogant man that he is, it was all about him & how he was an executive during the show years ago. I highly doubt that he'd put GL on the SOAPnet sked, considering its low ratings performance in the key demo (Female 12-49). This is the man who thinks Colby, Sean & Sydney are the furture of AMC, remember!? :angry:

GL on SOAPnet would be great exposure for the little show that keeps chuggin' along. But if GL's ratings increased, would major changes be made by PGP, Wheeler & Kreizman? Yeah right! It'll be business as usual: Character assassinations, dumbing down & media spin. Notice how TPTB had a major hard-on with the attention GL was receiving as a result of the Marvel Comics tie-in with Harley (Beth Ehlers)? If I didn't know any better, I'd say they were copying JER's gimmicks. They are not interested in improving the state of affairs on the 2nd lowest rated daytime drama. So, the question remains: How low will GL's ratings have to sink before they make major changes? 2.5 million? 2 millon?

BTW: NEVER TRUST WIKIPEDIA! :lol:

Archived