December 25-29, 2006

R!ck

• Members

I hope both AMC, GH, & OLTL get some pushes. All 3 are really trying right now. I just hope that something is going on behind the scenes and esp. MMT and Higley are out.

I really want Y&R to get a push. Last week was tremendous esp. Thursday and Friday. But this week has beent thier best week so I am really hoping for a push next week.

Anyway I'll play the predictions. I am a little more pessimistic than some I guess.

1. Y&R 4.6 (+.3)

2. B&B 3.3 (+.2)

3. GH 2.8 (+.1)

4. DOOL 2.7 (+.1)

5. AMC 2.6 (+.2)

5. OLTL 2.6 (+.1)

7. ATWT 2.4 (same)

8. GL 2.3 (+.1)

9. PSNS 1.9 (+.2)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Posted in full

Final Standings

1.(1) Y&R 4.3 (SAME)

2.(2) B&B 3.1 (SAME)

3.(3) GH 2.8 (+.1)

4.(4) DOOL 2.7 (+.1)

5.(6) ATWT 2.5 (+.1)

5.(6) AMC 2.5 (+.1)

5,(5) OLTL 2.5 (SAME)

8.(8) GL 2.2 (SAME)

9.(9) PSNS 1.7 (SAME)

ABC

AMC

Tuesday 2.6

Wednesday 2.6

Thursday 2.6

Friday 2.4

GH

Tuesday 2.9

Wednesday 2.8

Thursday 2.8

Friday 2.7

OLTL

Tuesday 2.6

Wednesday 2.4

Thursday 2.4

Friday 2.5

CBS

ATWT

Tuesday 2.6

Wednesday 2.4

Friday 2.3

B&B

Tuesday 3.5

Wednesday 2.9

Thursday 3.2

Friday 2.7

GL

Tuesday 2.3

Wednesday 2.2

Thursday 2.2

Y&R

Tuesday 4.6

Wednesday 4.3

Thursday 4.5

Friday 4.0

NBC

DOOL

Tuesday 2.9

Wednsday 2.6

Thursday 2.6

Friday 2.7

PSNS

Tuesday 1.7

Wednesday 1.7

Thursday 1.7

Friday 1.7

Daytime Insights

All regularly scheduled daytime programming was either preempted or labeled as specials on Monday

12/25/06 due to the Christmas holiday. In addition, ATWT and GUIDING LIGHT on CBS were preempted on

Friday 12/29/06 for football coverage.

For regularly scheduled programming, ABC was 1st among women 18-49 rating (1.7), while CBS and NBC

tied for 2nd (1.5 each). CBS was ahead of NBC in women 18-49 impressions (1,009,000 W18-49 for CBS

vs. 966,000 for NBC). NBC won the week in women 18-34 (1.4), followed by ABC (1.3) and CBS (1.0).

ABC was 1st in women 25-54 (2.1), followed by CBS (1.9) and NBC (1.6).

Compared to the prior fourteen weeks of the season, NBC was flat in women 18-49 and women 25-54,

while women 18-34 was down -0.2. PASSIONS' 1.2 women 25-54 rating was the lowest in the demo since

the week of 10/16/06 (also a 1.2).

CBS was up +0.1 in women 18-49 and women 18-34, and increased +0.2 in women 25-54 vs. the

season-to-date averages. This was the network's best women 18-49 delivery since the week of 9/25/06

(also a 1.5) and it's best women 25-54 delivery since the week of 10/23/06 (also a 1.9). PRICE I

earned season highs in all key women demos (W18-34: 1.0; W18-49: 1.4; W25-54: 1.8), while PRICE II

achieved season highs in women 18-49 (1.7) and women 25-54 (2.1). Y&R earned its highest weekly

women 18-49 delivery (2.1) since 10/30/06 (also a 2.1).

ABC was flat in women 18-49 and was up +0.1 in women 18-34 and women 25-54 vs. the prior fourteen

weeks. The 1.3 women 18-34 rating was the network's best in the demo since the week of 10/16/06

(also a 1.3). Fueled by the Rosie O'Donnell/Donald Trump feud, THE VIEW earned season highs in all

key women demos (W18-34: 1.3; W18-49: 1.8; W25-54: 2.2).

In women 18-49, DAYS OF OUR LIVES (1.7) ranked #4 this week (tied with PRICE II), while PASSIONS

(1.2) ranked #11. Among women 18-34, DAYS (1.5) was #1 (tied with GENERAL HOSPITAL), ranking first

in the demo for the 586th week out of 594 weeks that it aired. PASSIONS (1.3) ranked 3rd in women

18-34 rating (tied with Y&R and THE VIEW). For women 25-54, DAYS (1.9) ranked #5 (tied with AMC and

OLTL) and PASSIONS (1.2) ranked #12. For the season to date, Most Current time-shifted data, DAYS

and PASSIONS are the #1 and #2 ranked Daytime programs in women 18-34 (GENERAL HOSPITAL is tied with

PASSIONS for #2).

The most time-shifted Daytime program of the week was DAYS, which received a 0.12 lift from Live to

Live + Same Day in women 18-49 rating. Y&R (+0.11) was close behind, while AMC (+0.10) and GH

(+0.09) also received significant time-shifting. The remaining Daytime serials received a Live to

Live + Same Day lift of between +0.01 to +0.05. THE VIEW was up +0.02 from Live to Live + Same Day

in women 18-49, while both editions of PRICE IS RIGHT were not time-shifted.

For the season to date, Most Current data, in women 18-49, NBC (1.6) and ABC (1.7) were both flat

versus the comparable period last year, while CBS (1.4) was off -0.1. In women 18-34, NBC (1.7) was

down -0.1, CBS (0.9) was down -0.3, and ABC (1.2) was flat. For women 25-54, NBC (1.7) was up +0.2,

while ABC (2.1) was flat and CBS (1.7) declined -0.1. Among the NBC programs, DAYS OF OUR LIVES was

flat in women 18-49 rating while PASSIONS was down -0.1.

DVR sample as of 12/31/06: 962 homes (11.9% of sample)

• Members

It will be interesting to see the final standings for AMC, OL and ATWT to see what the complete (i.e. unrounded numbers might look like).

Taken on face value (and if my math is correct -- please double check), ATWT was a 2.43 and OLTL a 2.475, but OLTL's numbers could have been as low as a 2.425 if the dailies were more like 2.55, 2.35, 2.35 and 2.45.

• Members

Well I guess I was a bit off ATWT tied AMC, OLTL for 5-7th places this is still not good when the ratings should have gone up a lot during this week, I fear for what ATWT ratings will look like in the next coming weeks, I know a lot of peoples NYR was to stop watching the crap on ATWT :(

Just think if JP would have kept Luke's storyline going and telling stories like she was during the spring and Summer ATWT could have been competing with GH and DOOL right now, unfortunately she wanted to shove her favorites down the viewers throats, and the viewers don't like her favorites and it shows, when will she get the hint?.

• Members

Unfortunately, it only matters if they are Nielsen viewers. After 5 years, I stopped watching ATWT the middle of that Christmas week and have removed it from my VCR, but since I'm not a Nielsen viewer, it didn't matter.

I was surprised that ATWT and AMC tied considering the daily numbers so I took out my calculator and figured out that it was rounding due to the daily numbers being rounded.

• Members

I am bummed that Days didn't go up more. I had hoped that they would be competing for second place or third place. Oh well, they are continuing to do well and any increase is wonderful. I just hope that they can maintain these numbers. And I am really surprised Y&R didn't do better. Maybe the Brad storyline really is putting everyone to sleep. And I hope the wrap up Carmen's murder mystery soon.

• Members

Well, a 2.9 on Tuesday for DAYS is great! They haven't had a 2.9 since last January. I'm glad the show went up, but I was expecting a bigger bump. It was the most action-packed week I have ever seen on DAYS.

It's really GH and DAYS who are competing for the #3 spot.

• Members

WTG GH. Keep on rising. You deserve it right now. It is so good to see you rise after a sweeps stunt instead of go back down. And for the first time I can say they have kept the excitement factor up after sweeps too. Maybe they are learning.

Glad Y&R held firm. They should go back up for this week. It has been so good this week.

I hated to see B&B's numbers for Friday. I know that they were not seen on the West Coast and knew it would go down. Glad the other days were good.

Sorry that GL has slumped back down. They have been so good lately. I am glad to see them hold onto their steady numbers though. Hopefully they will get a bump with their big 70th anniversary story coming up.

Hopefully soon the ratings will start to show for the shows that seem to be trying to make improvements. Days is getting better, AMC is getting lots better, OLTL is finally doing some things right, and GH as I said seems to be working on building from the sweeps months instead of the opposite. These 4 shows are really trying, and Lynn Latham is taking risks at Y&R (some good ones and some bad ones) but I hope she will be rewarded that that.

I have not seen a producer/writer take these type of risks with daytime since Paul Rauch/Harding LeMay. I didnt agree with all of their risks either (esp when they fired my man George Reinholt). But they took the risks and gave us some of the best daytime drama there was when the dust settled. Latham is taking risks and not playing it safe with her stories and some of her other decisions. That is what daytime needs if it is ever going to get out of the funk that it is in. It was the risk takers like Rauch/Lemay and esp. Gloria Monty who changed daytime before. I am not saying that Latham is going to do that or that she is as good as any of them, but I do applaud her for not following the formula. And I hope she will get pay off in the ratings for it.

Right now she balances her stories out. I don't see any favoritism. There is not one character that seems to be on everyday. Right now I am watching or taping all 9 shows on the air, and everyone of them have their favorite characters and when the counts are done at the end of the months and year those few characters seem to always be right there on top. I like how Latham spreads the stories out. I am just sad that Ashley seem to never get her time, but the way she is leaving tells me Ashley will be back.

Anyway I love Y&R right now, and hope they get a big push for the show this week.

• Members

Unless my math is off AMC would be at a 2.6 (2.55 rounded up) this week. Which is something they haven't had in months. Then OLTL at a rounded at a 2.5 (2.47) and ATWT at a 2.4 (2.43). Congrats to Days. It deserves it's 2.7 and wow to GH getting a 2.8 does that mean that they did better this week then the Luke and Laura sweeps month?

Archived