Complete Writers Guild Submissions

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The best script submissions of the WGA Aawards are by far Y&R. They had great plot development & dialogue & are deserving of an award.

Latham, who stated that she wants to be viewed as a success during her tenure on Y&R, may have an ego, but her future at Y&R solely depends on increased ratings. Y&R was losing hundreds of thousands of viewers nearly every week in 2005 (At the beginning of 2005, they were down more than a million viewers over the year ago period :o), and that's one of the main reasons why Bill Bell Jr. hired Latham as a creative consultant, then promoted to her as head writer. She certainly has her flaws, however, she breathed new life into daytime's best show. I love what's she's done with Jack, Drucilla, Neil, Sharon, Katherine, Victor, Nikki, Jill, Daniel & Michael. Don't forget the Jabot Cosmetics Glow Again cream killer, Gloria! :lol:

Why does GL have a hard-on for their Inside The Light eps? Note to Ellen Wheeler & PGP: They are poorly executed! If they wanted to win, they should have sent in 3 non-ITL eps cuz those are much better.

AMC's eps are far from being great, so they don't deserve to win. How'd AMC get a nom this time around after their worst year to date!? Casting couch? Bribery? Politics? Names out of a hat? Just plain stupidity? :angry:

ATWT had good eps, not outstanding. And yes, Passanante, who clearly does not watch her own show, has an ego; loves to stroke it & a win would guarantee her keeping her position as the dreaded, show-killing head writer. Press release from PGP: Jean Passanante was praised for her multigenerational stories with a WGA Award on Feb. 11/07. :lol: Remember her HW stint on AMC? :angry:

Why the hell wasn't GH nominated!? :angry: I believe these so-called "awards" are rigged. GH has great script writers in the form of Michele Val Jean, Mary Sue Price & Susan Wald. :D Those 3 make me deliriously joyful! :D Karen Harris is very good, while Tracey Thomson is improving every week. That being said: GH needs more talented script writers. I'd love to see them give Y&R a run for their large sums of money. :P

• Members

I think some of the ITLs work well, and others don't. Also, as a whole, they probably work even better as scripts than on screen (where GL's lack of sets and budget really is very limiting), so to me it makes total sense to submit ITL episodes. There are still multiple stories going on in eact ITL episode, and there are still links to previous episodes and the following episodes, so it's still a soap -- but there's just more of a focus in the ITL episodes.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Jan 4 2007, 04:59 PM)
Lynn and Bernie already have a primetime Writers Guild award for their critically acclaimed series Homefront. :)

Also, I have to say that it's great Kay Alden is nominated for the same show. :P

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Jan 6 2007, 10:57 PM)
DruRocks, you win writing awards solely on the scripts. They don't view the tapes. I think Y&R has had some good scripts so they'll probably win.

Again I'll say I hope so. They deserve it this year esp. compared to the nominees. I personally think that ATWT is their strongest comp.

• Members

Y&R should win hands down. I was shocked to see the AMC nomination when I first heard about it but now seeing what they submitted I can understand it. The Madden murder mystery was a horrid storyline but those scenes in coart with Michael E. Knight on the witness stand, some of the most powerful stuff I saw on soaps this past year. It was really well acted and well written. I need to find out, who wrote the script for that day.

I guess its not for the calendar year 2006? Because Di admitting she lied about being Dixie was in October of 2005. Hmm. I wonder when the cut off is. The 9/11 episode should have been submitted though. Best written episode on AMC in years.

• Members

I think Y&R will win this one! Those episodes were ROCKING!!! I'm sorry but I bawled lilke a little baby when John died and Jack and Gloria were at their very very best during those scenes and the writing is there. I think Y&R has this won! Lord help us that David Kriezman and his band wagon wins...that is an ego trip waiting to happen there.

Archived