Complete Writers Guild Submissions

• Members

AMC, ATWT, GL and Y&R will compete for the 2007 Writers Guild Award on Feb. 11. AMC submitted two episodes of Tad on the witness stand at Madden's murder trial, and Di admitting to her family that she lied about being Dixie. ATWT chose three episodes surrounding Luke coming out. GL selected three "Inside the Light" episodes: Dinah prepares for a date with Mallet; Josh and Reva tear up their divorce papers; and Reva learns she has cancer. Y&R - last year's winner - went with John's death; Jack locks Gloria out of the house; and Gloria contests the will in court.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think based on quality, GL, Y&R and ATWT would have the episodes to win, but GH could win just on the hype of Luke and Laura. Or the virus. They won the past two years (which were largely terrible) so I wouldn't put it past the Emmys.

• Members

^^OK but GH isn't even nominated here.

Anyway the AMC episodes that were submitted were good, especially the one of Tad on trial. See, it isn't what you do all year cumulatively - as long as you have 1-2 GREAT episodes, you can win everything. That is what is wrong with ABCD - they do that crap.

Anyway as much as I loved AMC's episodes they've submitted...I think ATWT should win based alone on the writing of the episodes submitted.

Why did AMC only submit 2 though, while the others submitted 3?

• Members

If I'm not mistaken, in the Emmy Outstanding Writing award and the WGA awards, video tapes are not submitted, just scripts. In Outstanding Daytime Drama tapes are submitted. I think GL could easily win both categories at the Emmys if it submitted ITL.

And I really don't want to see GH win for the third year in a row. That was really annoying in the 90s when only GH won any awards.

• Members

Oh I know that, I was talking about the daytime emmy's in June, lol. But the academy doesn't like drawn out tapes. That is why Greg Rikaart (Kevin Fisher, Y&R) got in last year. His tapes were short and to the point. If they submitted TWO ITL that would be about 80 minutes of material right there. And one alone equals about 40 mins. Kinda excessive. Lord knows I can't even tolerate 5 minutes of Zimmer, and I heard she submitted for a pre-nom. Sigh.

BTW I think they submit the scripts first, and then the panel judges the tapes afterwards.

• Members

Ahh ok - that makes sense. Thanks.

So I guess they wanted to have it all make sense to the judges by having a little continuity? I wonder what other storylines/scenes were going on in the background to those trial scenes...I'll have to go back and take a look at my tapes.

Anyway yeah I agree AMC should have submitted their 9/11 episode. I thought for sure that was the only reason they got a nomination here.

Archived