Pat Robertson: God told me of 'mass killing' in 2007

Rhiannon

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The thing, though, is that if you're talking to God, wouldn't he be a lot more accurate?

If anyone else was making this crap up, they'd be sent to the loony bin. But people actually believe this psycho, and what's worse, they keep giving him money. For about 20 years, my uncle used to take care of this elderly woman whose husband died a long time before and didn't have any children or living relatives, and she put in her will to give him her inheritance (which was quite a bit, almost 90K), but when she died, we found out that she had changed the will a few weeks before and had given all the money to Pat Robertson and the 700 Club! All my uncle got was a toaster oven. :blink:

What?!? The floods that hit New England last year were nowhere near a tsunami! They lasted a little less than 2 weeks! I don't consider that major when compared to the hurricanes that hit Florida and the Gulf Coast a few years ago.

• Members

What a tool. He'll be vindicated if something does happen -- you know, like those turds who ran around saying that 9/11 was "God's attack on gays and liberals" because, dontcha know, NYC is filled with 'em. :angry:

And if there IS no attack on the US, his words will be forgotten because by this time next year, people will be nursing a hangover from New Year's Eve. So it's a win-win situation for him to stir up fear among his followers. Loon.

• Members

David Letterman is talking about him now. :lol:

First of all....Pat Robertson gives Southern Baptist's a bad name. As a Southern Baptist myself, I don't believe in most of his teachings.

In recent years, Robertson has become a very controversial figure. On August 22, 2005 he said that the USA should kill Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez. And on November 10, 2005 he told the citizens of Dover, Pennsylvania on the The 700 Club that since they had voted out of office all seven members of the school board who supported intelligent design, that God would NOT help them if they ever had a disaster in their area. Those are only two in a long list of controversy surrounding the man.

For more, check out his Wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Robertson

Archived