2007: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Hogan and Backus never worked together at ATWT. They have the same agent and that's how Backus got in at DAYS.

Writers who worked with Hogan at ATWT who are now at DAYS are:

- Tom Casiello

- Frederick Johnson

- Judith Donato

- Meg Kelly

- Judy Tate

And Hogan's got one more friend coming in.

• Administrator

CCulliton's on contract.

Man, I think some of you let the disappointment of seeing someone's name in the credits ruin your enjoyment of watching the show. Just close your eyes when the script writer's name are going to appear. LOL

• Members

I know they have no power. As a matter of fact, I said it earlier in this very thread in regards to Jean P being a Script writer at OLTL. I hate hearing stupid things come out of characters mouths. I hate when someone like Todd repeats himself througout the whole episode saying the same thing over. I despise the hypocrisy. I hate it when a character like Michael Mcbain ask Todd where he was when Tommy was bar hopping. Did that writer forget that Todd was ignorant to the fact that he was Tommys dad? Or did they just think that we would look past it. Yeah, they dont have a lot of power, but they certainly can control the [!@#$%^&*] that comes out fof these characters mouths better than they are doing.

• Members

Script Writers don't have much control as you may think. They just write the dialogue.......they don't write action/plot movement""

Not just that.

Scripts are often extensively edited before shooting.

Some dialogue is actually placed in breakdowns or outlines and some even comes directly from head writers. Or even from producers, directors, or who knows where.

It's all a collaborative process.

Sometimes dialogue is inserted. Sometimes ad-libs make their way in.

Not everything can be blamed on the script writer of any particular script.

Things can at times be misleading.

That said, sometimes some scripts shine and others don't.

But frequently I see some names bandied about here that make me wonder why some people are thinking they're so great. At other times I see some names being run down which make me wonder even more.

• Members

>> And Hogan's got one more friend coming in.

I'd like to think it would be someone halfway decent, like Stephen Demorest, or even Richard J. Allen, who actually has prior experience writing for DAYS.

With my luck, though, it'll probably be either Craig Heller, or Lynn Martin.

Archived