2007: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's what Jim and Babs should have corrected. If the viewership erodes significantly, they will obviously be gone. And I hope Julie goes with them, too.

But your post, Michael, also shows that not only Megan sucked, her subwriters did too. Sad, indeed.

• Members

I agree 100%. I'm one of Kay Alden's biggest admirers but unfortunately as soon as her name popped up in the credits, the show got too fragmented and lost way of its steam...

But it's still damn good, way ahead of most and my hope remains. AND KA got B&B Heather Tom whatever Brad Bell said in the interviews. Tom is one of Alden's favorites. Period.

• Members

Yes, which is why he should tell his brother, head of the Bell Dramatic Serial Company, to rehire them at Y&R! LOL!

I also doubt Jack F. Smith will make his way to Days with Scott as well, since Smith was Shaughnessy's right hand man and was appointed co-EP by Shaughnessy.

I thought it was interesting that Alden and the other writers didn't seem to like Ed Scott much though...

Someone should write a tell-all about the behind the scenes terror that went on at Y&R, after Bell stepped down. :)

• Members

After Bell left the day to day duties, there was an apparent power struggle between Scott and Adlen for cretive control. Things got really bad in 2001, over the decison to recast Sean Bridges, that the issue was taken to higher brass at CBS/Sony. CBS/Sony sided with Alden and opted not to renew Scott's contract with them, though they didn't comment much on the matter. Shaughnessy was promoted to EP, and Alden had nothing but positive and upbeat things to say. There's more to the story, but this is generally what's known.

• Members

Also, Shaughnessy seemed to have a better relationship with the writers and cast than Scott. There's a few pics with him, Smith, and Alden at Y&R events. Alden and Smith also always gushed about him to the press, which they didn't do with Scott too much.

Pic with Nancy Wiard, Jack F. Smith, David Shaghnessy, Kay Alden, and Kathy Foster:

YR.jpg

• Administrator

Sean Bridges? Never heard of him. I assume he was a minor character? If so, that can't be the reason why Ed and Kay don't get along (allegedly). Like you said, there has to be more to the story (if true).

Man, there's so many fractured relationships in daytime. It's always interesting to find out why. Lots of juicy stuff! I love it. LOL :)

Archived