2007: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They are whores. The only negotiation is the price. (except for maybe MVJ)

And that in no way expresses my feelings about most of the people striking. When it comes to ABCD, well ask anyone who's worked for Disney in a creative capacity. Brian Frons is merely the head dwarf of his little cottage and diamond mine. Let's call him CONTROLLY.

• Members

That would be a second tier dwarf called *Touchyfeely* from what I've heard.

As a physician, you get to do that anyway and are certainly well beyond his playing doctor games. No, there is no ABCD exec that would be worthy.

• Members

It would be comforting if it were that cut and dried, but I don't think so. Judging by that letter from Goldschwab...was it?...some of these people take some pride, however misguided or however forced they are to write for certain stories, in their work. Guza, Korte, etc. I consider hacks and whores, but I still respect their right to strike. The others, the underlings who have to write for the swill Guza and Korte plan, I can't say I know how they feel. Maybe you know more than I, but I can't say that.

• Members

I know I come across as extremely cynical, but I completely support their right to strike, for all of them.

My opinion of their work does not matter. If it can be sold, they deserve a piece of what is sold.

Some intellectual properties have no foreseeable shelflife, but we can't be sure.

• Members

Really? Try being the rep for your union local. Within a few months you'll be wishing death on innocent children and looking for ways to murder frail old ladies. :D Nevermind all the puppies you've barbecued by then.

I joke, but union work can drive you batshit crazy. Even the emergency room is easier. When you're home from the ER, it's over. Union rep turns you into a 24 hour grief hotline and more paperwork that keeps coming and coming and coming.

We need unions but very few of us are cut out for their administration. It takes a lot of will to strike. I have to admire them for sticking to it.

• Members

So.. can anyone tell me more about Maralyn Thoma?

At some point in the 80's I was watching DAYS and the writers credits read something like:

Written by: Maralyn Thoma

and Maralyn Thoma

Maralyn Thoma

Maralyn Thoma...etc.

Do any of you know anything about this? Could it have been the 1980 strike? The 1988 strike?

TIA

P.S. It's made me curious about her ever since.

Archived