2007: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WorldTurner, amazingly your claims of writing for daytime totally match up with what I have received in behind the scenes scoops from a person whose identity I can't verify! I don't need to double-check; it must be true!

• Members

Toups will you also keep track of when each soap's strike episodes begin?

I honestly don't know how you keep track of the credits of all 9 soaps... very impressive.

EDIT: BTW which soap got stuck with Craig Heller now? He was on ATWT for like 3 years and not once did he churn out a good script. The characters would say the most awkward things, and sometimes it was even hard to follow the plot.

• Members

One thing that's occurred to me upon reading the touching letters some of the daytime writers have written about the strike-

These are people paid to do a job, like all of us. The creative vision has largely been decided for them by a headwriter, and executives. They simply try to do what they can with the few angles they're given.

I may hate GH and its focus but there are good rank and file people working on it trying to make do with Guza, Frons, Korte, and JFP. And Michele ValJean, who I once admired but frankly think went over to the dark side long ago. These writers may be talented people but they are paid to write about specific things.

• Members

True, and both shows were on their respective Emmy streaks when he was a member of the writing team. That just makes his resume look even better...

I remember we ATWT fans bitched about Lynn Martin's dialogue for the longest time. Then they hired Craig Heller and he made Lynn look like Agnes Nixon. IIRC, they were fired together around the time Passanante took over.

Even though I really did not like most of Hogan's reign on ATWT, he and his writers must have loved working together because for a long time ATWT had a very very stable writing team. Since Passanante took over, BD writers and script writers have been treated like a cheerleader at a football frat.

• Administrator

It's the best storyline on daytime right now. :D I Rock!!! errrr....I mean Jim Reilly rocks!!

Hey, you leave my Maralyn out of this.

You too. Leave my posse alone.

Woah woah!! That's so not fair. Nobody's going to trade Corley for Heller! That's like trading Curt Schilling for Carl Pavano! Equal value for Craig would be like....Lynn Martin or Bruce Neckles...... :lol:

• Administrator

You know I will. :)

I get help with ATWT/DAYS (because I get the Canadian credits) and I tape the end credits for the rest (American credits). It's good to have 2 VCRs (yes, I'm still using this old technology!).

Archived