2007: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Awww... Vee. Thanks, but I wasn't trying to divide the group or discredit anyone, I swear.

As is usually the case in any situation like this, a fired employee will have a very different story to tell than the people who fired them. So if Changed by Son actually knows Mike Cohen, and those are the reasons he believes he was released from his contract, then there's probably some truth to it. Mine tell me Hogan was a huge fan of Mike Cohen's scripts, which was why I originally said it wasn't Hogan's decision. So it's pointless to argue about who's right and wrong, because chances are, the real story is a little of both.

• Members

Brimike, I didnt' say Hogan fired Mike Cohen.

I said ED SCOTT DID.

How did you miss that?

It's like you haven't read a thing I said, but you keep replying.

My point to you was that because Mike wasn't part of Hogan's clique,

he allowed Mike to be axed by Ed.

Hogan is more likely to fight for the writers that he hired.

Not the writers that somebody else brought on board.

• Members

So Toups do you secretly know other strike HWs? I don't want you to reveal their names in case there are some gems in the mix. But are there any notables writing?

It'll be interesting to see if we see any major change in the writing for all the shows. Will these writers have strike rules/outlines to follow, or could they be completely winging it? Will they have the freedom to introduce new storylines? Anything that can save us from the current hell of ATWT and Y&R is something to look forward to. I'm most worried about B&b and OLTL, which are actually good.

Archived