Katie Peretti of ATWT...When the h%ll did she become a lead role?

• Members

When did Katie become leading material? Why is she getting all the storylines? And after seeing the spoilers for her character I am pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!! Katie is a bore, whiny brat of a female. She needs to be backburned and not featured in another out of my a$$ storyline by Jean P.

Come on ATWT get with the program!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The show is going down the tubes and isnt funny anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ICAM. Actually, I liked Katie a little before this last triangle with Mike and Simon. Now I just want Carly to punch her face in. Could she be a more whiny vindictive witch?! I am just sick of every guy on the show thinking Katie is perfect. I don't want her fired, but I could use a nice long break.

• Members

I would love an anwser to that also, it would seem that TC(Katie) is golden to JP, and that she is ATWT, and least that is what JP wants the viewers to think.

I have a feeling it has to do with the huge Matie fanbase that writes letters to JP and CBS everyday and keeps on naming Katie the top character of ATWT in all the soap mags. I am sorry but 99% of the viewers are not part of that fanbase, and JP should not be listening to them.

• Members

Terri Columbino is great, but as a SUPPORTING ACTRESS! That is the problem with the show, the lack good lead actresses. Not because they don't have them, but because they don't USE them. Ellen Dolan, Colleen Zenk Pinter, Martha Byrne and Maura West should be the leading ladies. Terri Columbino, Elena Goode, Marie Wilson and Jennifer Landon should be supporting, but it's the opposite.

• Members

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chris B @ Dec 29 2006, 12:09 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Terri Columbino is great, but as a SUPPORTING ACTRESS! That is the problem with the show, the lack good lead actresses. Not because they don't have them, but because they don't USE them. Ellen Dolan, Colleen Zenk Pinter, Martha Byrne and Maura West should be the leading ladies. Terri Columbino, Elena Goode, Marie Wilson and Jennifer Landon should be supporting, but it's the opposite.

Very true Chris, One of the main reasons that ATWT was so good 2000-2004 was because Ellen Dolan, CZP, MB, and MW were the leading ladies of the show, TC, EG, Marie W, and JL should not be getting nearly the amount of airtime or storylines they are getting. Lets face it the four should be leading ladies have been with ATWT for years and years, yet the JP leading ladies except of TC have been with the show what 4 years or less, that is one of the problems with the show, Just because JL won an emmy does not mean she is Leading Lady material. I would say in 10-15 years these would be the new leading ladies, but not while your real current day leading ladies are still in there prime.

If I was seeing Barbara, Margo, Lily, and Carly(without Simon) everyday this show would be 200% better right now, these are the woman characters that are ATWT not Gwen, Jade, Katie, or Meg, they are like you said they should be supporting characters to the leading characters.

• Members

Another problem with the show are the bland male characters. The only ones that are fleshed out are Mike, Dusty, Simon, Craig and Paul. Tom and Bob are extras, Jack is Carly's bitch and Holden is like a desperately boring housewife. I'm sure when Austin Peck arrives they'll shove him right down our throats. I dread the day. :(

• Members

I wonder how Terri Columbino feels about this. She is a really good actress, I think, and she showed that well when Katie killed Nick earlier this year. She loves the show as well, and I remember an interview with her in which she said she fondly remembered Chris and Nancy's anniversary 20 years ago and loves working with the older veterans.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Dec 29 2006, 11:32 AM)
I'm sure when Austin Peck arrives they'll shove him right down our throats. I dread the day. :(

Another stupid move on ATWT part. Why did they cast him? Just for eye candy!!! He was horrible on Days.

• Members

LOL...Soapsuds, I think you've made my bleepin' day!!!!! :lol::lol:

Teri is a nice little actress. Occasionally she can bring the drama or just let Katieb*tch out. HOWEVER, Katie's never been a compelling character. Hogan had a hard time giving Katie anything significant to do, but kept her front and center in stupid adventure stories with Simon, and with Mike in phuck phuck all day long stories.

In some ways, I think Katie's prominence was more circumstance. Think of all the younger actresses that have come and gone in her age group since she's been here.

I'm sure they cast Peck hoping that TC's fans would be delighted with more eye candy.

• Members

Up until 1-2 years ago, I actually liked Katie. I loved her in the beginning when she and Henry schemed together at WOAK. I loved her w/ Simon, in the beginning, when they first got married just so that Simon could stay in the country, and eventually fell in love. I even enjoyed their island adventures the first 2 times. Even when she and Mike first started dating, I thought they were pretty cute. Then, even when she married Henry and broke his heart, I thought she was still a good character.

I always found her character to be lighthearted...nothing really awful happened to her, you know? Her storylines were always small in comparison to the bigger storylines happening. She came on the show as the "little sister," and IMO, she should still be playing supporting to Craig and Margo. And up until JP took over, Katie was always supporting...and that's where she should have remained. I think TC is a wonderful actress: she's proven herself to be able to pull off dramatic scenes several times before. But she's just not lead actress material, and the more that the writers shove her down our throats, the more I've come to hate the character.

I think the thing that turned me away from the character was when she broke up Jen and Mike's marriage. I guess that's when she started becoming "lead" b/c since then, the character has been on-screen non-stop. Everything she does, no matter how the writers try to justify it, comes off as completely selfish. They try to make her likable by making her friends with Henry and Nancy Hughes, but it really doesn't work, for me: Henry, IMO, deserves his own storyline, and I'd rather see Nancy w/ her actual family.

One thing that ATWT doesn't do well is specifying between lead and supporting. I always thought that it was good to have an ensemble cast, but now it seems to not be working well on the show. Take for instance MW, who most people would assume is lead. Well, in 2006, I didn't see Carly as lead. In fact, I think TC and KMH are more of the leads now, which is sad b/c I think Katie and Emily do a lot better as supporting characters. In 2006, for the most part, Carly was the one supporting Katie's storylines, and characters like Meg were supporting Emily's storylines.

Just b/c a character is supporting doesn't mean that they're not as important as the leads. IMO, I find the supporting actors and actresses to be a lot more talented than the leads in most cases. At the Emmys, the supporting categories are always my favorites b/c they're a lot more balanced and well-represented than the leads, which tend to be really predictable. But some people view supporting as secondary, which doesn't make sense.

• Members

Horrible is too kind a word for his terrible acting. Even with the interim HW and Hogan's scripts he still sucked donkey balls. The other actors put him to shame in the reveal scenes with Sami, Carrie, Austin and Lucas. ATWT has always been known for having one of the best casts and he is no doubt going to drag it down. I just hope it's such a failiure (like everything else they;re trying) and they write him off.

Archived