Katie Peretti of ATWT...When the h%ll did she become a lead role?

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Dec 29 2006, 12:07 PM)
Horrible is too kind a word for his terrible acting. Even with the interim HW and Hogan's scripts he still sucked donkey balls. The other actors put him to shame in the reveal scenes with Sami, Carrie, Austin and Lucas. ATWT has always been known for having one of the best casts and he is no doubt going to drag it down. I just hope it's such a failiure (like everything else they;re trying) and they write him off.

I am hoping the same thing Chris.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Terri Colombino is only good when she is given good scenes. When she's given mediocre material, she fails miserably. :(

I don't think that was always the case, though. Up until Paul Leyden left the first time, Katie was a very rootable character. I think the subtle layers the writers gave Katie really helped. She was an attention seeker but it was clear that she was a lonely soul..and her childhood was often used as a reference point. When she started getting involved with Mike, she was suddenly a popular ex-cheerleader which was the complete opposite of what they had been telling us about her misfit days in highschool. Just before Simon left, Katie was stuck in filler storylines but for some reason, she was still rootable. I think it's because she wasn't painted as a bad character who was always in the right. That didn't really happen when Mike came into the picture exactly..that was the phase when her character was being blanded out. She lost her adventurous streak which was alright...I think TC pulled it off. But ever since she came back from maternity leave, the writers have been trying to inject that adventure aspect of her character once again but this time around, she's just not fun to watch. And it all comes down to the fact that her character has done all these despicable things yet manages to look like some beloved heroine.

And as much as I hate to say it because I was a huge fan of TC once upon a time, I think she's a "go with the flow" type actress. In general, actors have to do it when they're in soaps but they still know the foundation of their character, what their true motivations are, what makes them tick, etc. and it shows. They can have all these plot points thrown at them yet they manage to keep this much needed consistency in their characters. The motivations TC gives for Katie change as soon as the writers appear to change them. One day, Katie is really in love with Mike, the next day she's been suppressing her feelings for Simon, and the next, Simon's the enemy. There's no root motivation so why the hell should we give a crap about what happens to Katie?

• Members
B)-->
QUOTE(Chris B @ Dec 29 2006, 07:07 PM)
Horrible is too kind a word for his terrible acting. Even with the interim HW and Hogan's scripts he still sucked donkey balls. The other actors put him to shame in the reveal scenes with Sami, Carrie, Austin and Lucas. ATWT has always been known for having one of the best casts and he is no doubt going to drag it down. I just hope it's such a failiure (like everything else they;re trying) and they write him off.
LOL How long was he on under HS writing? Like a week or two. And I didn't say his acting was horrible, I said the s/l was horrible so you quoted the wrong person. ;) I'm not really into bashing actors so I wont mention any names. But imo he wasn't (by far) the worst out of Ali, Bry and Christie.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Not alot of people enjoyed the Ice Storm, and it stated so in a lot of the comments when the storyline aired...

Alot of things need to be changed about the show...I will admit that...too many of the same folks are on screen, and that wears folks down who have character favorites other than Gwen, Will, Katie, CarJack (and I'm a fan of the couple) and Craig and those who have been on our screens for long periods of time...

As I said before, I like how Y&R intergates their vet cast into storylines...I don't see that alot on ATWT....Granted I still like the show, I'm very disappointed in some of the storylines that have been presented.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Why the f*** are ATWT fans/viewers complaining about the show!? Where were they when the show really began to go downhill in Aug 06 with the beyond terrible Serial Slasher mess!? Serves them right! They deserve the crap that's been on the air since then. They ate up the s*it Passanante, Whitesell, Laiman & Goutman served up & now their stomachs are rumbling!? :blink: They should shut their mouths & watch the show that dumbs them down! It's what they brought unto themselves. Cancel ATWT! If it were up to me: I would without hesitation! Serves the so-called fans right! :angry: I doubt that PGP will renew ATWT this year, but if that happens, then it'll only be a 1 yr extension as opposed to the 2 yr one it got in 05, and the 3 yr one it got previous to that.

• Members

I would have no problem at all with Katie being a lead, if they would give her something other to do than just have sex or hoping around from bed to bed all the time as a storyline. I love TC and would like for her to get a real storyline, but TPTB just seem hell bent on never doing that, so until she has a real storyline I can only really consider her supporting, but like I said I would love for that to change, just because the actress is great.

• Members

SORRY but you are preaching to a choir that no longer cares. All you ever preach is cancellation cancellation cancellation. You are a broken record and sadly most people don't care what you have to say anymore. And I mean that in the nicest way possible.

ATWT is no where near reacy for cancellation. And the Serial Slasher stuff was far better than the stuff Higley has severed up on OTL that you seem to be so proud of. Passanante has her problems but at least she uses characters that the ATWT fans know and are familiar with.

• Members

God, it has been like nine years since Katie first appeared, hasn't it? Ugh...and she's still written like a horny teenager. I guess it's not really TC's fault the character hasn't matured, but I'm never going to see Katie/TC as a "lead" character/actress.

That's okay...it's been fifteen years (or so) since KMH took over the role of Emily, she's had the role five times longer than Melanie Smith, and I STILL don't like her as Emily.

As for the Doom and Gloom...get over it. I'm a ATWT fan. If every show was canceled that got trashed by it's fans, we wouldn't have soaps, PERIOD. That's the great thing about soaps...they don't get yanked after 3 episodes.

Archived