GH: RUMOUR on a VET being AXED

• Members

Rumors are running rapid that Stuart Damon (Alan) has been axed and will last appear in early 2007???

PLEASE let this stay a rumour. PLEASE. Stuart Damon is one of GH finest and most neglected actors. I know Lesli Charleson will KILL this, but Alan can't die or leave.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If this is true, looks like the changes people believed were happening at ABC re: vets with Hillary B. Smith getting a new contract @ OLTL was just a one-time deal.

I hope and think this is a rumor. Only AMC would be stupid enough to do something like this.

• Members

Man, how can GH/ABC get rid of one of their BEST patriarchs and one of their strongest, charasmatic actors?

I really got to love Alan Quartermaine during his frequent crossovers to sister show, PORT CHARLES, in 2000. My last favorite Alan moment was when he slapped Reese last year when she started to prop up Sonny and said she was nothing but a whore for hire(or something like that). Of anything that needed to be YouTubed, that clip should have been.

It's likely that if Damon goes, someone young like Robin Scorpio or God forbid, Emily would become Chief of Staff. I'd like to see PC's Chris Ramsey become Chief of Staff, but it seems like PC is a forgotten memory to the GH brass.

• Members

I strongly disagree with that statement. GH is the one who started with this firing or backburning vets. They started it with Anna Lee and Rachel Ames. Rachel Ames was the longest running ABC performer and that put her on recurring and hardly ever use her. This is part of what made John Ingle leave GH for Days soon after. Until this year AMC was still keeping their vets on contract and then they just jumped on the bandwagon and ran with it.

The only thing different is that maybe not you but many fans didn't get upset about Anna Lee or Rachel Ames because they are old. But for those of us who have watched them for years, and know how they carried the shows for many years it was very upsetting. Rachel Ames losing her contract was just as bad to me as Julia Barr losing hers.

Rachel Ames & Emily McLaughlin were the 2 female stars of GH for years and when Gloria Monty came on she basically gave both of them a big FU and they were never hardly used again. The same for John Beradino.

Now the same is happening with Leslie Charleson, Denise Alexander, Jackie Zeman, Genie Francis, and Stuart Damon who were the stars of the show in the late 70's and 80's.

So I can definitely see this happening.

Once again I bring up what I feel is the biggest mistake that the producers and writers are making. They are concentrating on that one kay demo and not caring about the rest. If producers & writers would realize if they wrote for the older characters, the 30 to 50 range and the younger ones too they could give all ages someone to relate too. And if they featured the characters like Monica, Alan, Lesley, etc. on a regular basis they might pull back in those fans who quit watching years ago. Give them someone to relate too, make it a good story and not a stunt, and they will come. But now they tune in and all they see are characters they don't know, find no one to relate too and back out they go.

• Members

I got an email from another site I am a member of and supposedly its true but hasnt been confirmed officially I will post the contents and if I wasnt supposed to do it, just delete it lol

Thats just a few paragraphs from the email. Again if I wasnt supposed to post this delete it and my apologies. Just thought I would share

• Members

This is what I read:

http://soapzone.com/boards/read.php/gh/main/7755986

TOTAL TV ONLINE BREAKS THIS STORY...

RELIABLE SOURCES CLOSE TO ME HAVE CALLED TO INFORM ME OF THE

FOLLOWING...

STUART DAMON HAS BEEN TERMINATED AND WILL BE KILLED OFF IN FEBRUARY. IT

WILL BE REVEALED THAT ALAN KILLED RICK AND WILL DIE OF A HEART ATTACK

WHEN ARRESTED.

2007 IS THE 30TH ANNIVERSARY OF 'ALAN AND MONICA' AND THIS IS HOW HE IS

REPAID FOR 30 YEARS OF SERVICE!!!???

ACT NOW...POSTCARDS, LETTERS CALL THE NETWORKS....THIS CANNOT HAPPEN.

FAN OUTRAGE SAVED JOHN INGLE (EDWARD QUARTERMAINE) AND WE CAN SAVE

STUART!

TUNE INOT TOTAL TV ONLINE SHORTLY FOR THIS BREAKIN NEWS...AND HOW YOU

CAN HELP TO STOP THIS NOW!!!

• Members

More from this supposed source:

Word has come to me as of this morning that tons of calls have flooded

the network due to this story and I am hoping that ABC will DENY this

story and say that is is baseless, because while Damon was indeed fired

over the weekend, an official announcement has not been made.

They now have a GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO deny it.

If they do, they will HAVE to keep Stuart, which is what we want.

The official word is to come from Soaps in Depth sometime this week or

after the Holidays.

I HOPE that no official word is given, then we know that Damon will

have to be kept. However, if it is given we need to act and deluge the

network with calls and letters in order to prevent this from happening.

I GLADY put my reputation on the line if it means Damon and other vets

like him will remain with the show via our actions and your efforts.

I KNOW for a fact this report is true, I just cannot tell you how,

aside from the two sources I mentioned above. I hope our actions and your

efforts are fruitful.

Gee how convenient, if it's denied it's just because they changed their minds :rolleyes: Yeah right, these decisions aren't made on a whim.

Archived