Y&R-Shelia Is Alive

• Members

I am getting confused here all this hating on LML, yet wasn't Alden and Smith the ones responsible for having Shelia get a total makeover in the first place, I just see LML as finishing off the story that Alden and Smith started. Alden and Smith should have never had Shelia getting plasic surgery to begin with, they are to blame not LML.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have mixed feelings about Michelle playing Sheila. I am newer viewer to Y&R so I didn't see much of the original Sheila but she was a very good actress. I understand why some people are upset that she won't be playing her. On the other hand, I am excited to see Michelle play this part and I know she will do a great job. It will be fun to see her be so bad. I will just wait and see how this plays out on screen but I think it sounds interesting.

• Members

IA Steve. I wouldn't mind if TPTB created a complex villain from scratch, but resurrecting tired characters is so uncreative IMHO. And by villain, I don't mean some over the top character, somebody who gradually crosses into becoming bad, with real motivation and such. Somebody like ex-Roger Thorpe on GL, a character you can love/hate, but be able to see there motivation.

• Members

ITA with you. The writers today have really gotten lazy on that part. They would rather create these big over the top villians or resurrect the same old tired super or psycho villians (James Stenbeck, Sheila, Stefano DiMera, Tony DiMera, Janet Green on AMC, Jan on Days, etc) rather than create a good complex villian like Alan Spaulding (GL), Iris Wheeler (AW), Roger Thorpe (GL) or Adam Chandler (AMC) or even Jack & Victor from Y&R. Those type villians I am afraid are gone because we just haven't had one created in their likes in so long because it takes a lot more to create someone like that than it does to create a psycho or over the top villian or super villian as I like to refer to them. An even better term for them are comic book villians. They seem more like someone out of a Marvel comic book than they do a good dramatic program. I want one writer to step up to the challenge and do that.

Craig Montgomery (ATWT) was approaching it but Hogan and now JP have ruined him. He is not the same type villian as he was when Hogan first brought him on.

• Members

I blame a lot of people for Sheila's destruction. I blame Brad Bell, Jack Smith, and Kay Alden for turning Sheila into an over the top cartoon, but now, more than anyone I blame LML. She COULD have re-written the plastic surgery but chose not to. That's the worst part of all.

• Members

This is exactly what pisses me off. LML is further destroying TWO characters in the process.

By the way, the show wouldn't be re-writing anything since we never saw Sheila go under the knife. And LML is the one writing this story now, so she's to blame, 100%. Besides, LML had been silently taking over the show as far back as November of last year (when she first contacted Adrienne Frantz to come onto the show, SOW 12/12 issue, pg. 21), so it's very likely she's the one that suggested the surgery plot point in the first place.

Archived