Y&R-Shelia Is Alive

• Members

LOL! I said in that particular storyline, not all of 2005.

I don't think most fans didn't feel anything from Kimberlin Brown, but might just be tired of the character, especially the way she's been written and trashed by Smith and even Brad Bell. Granted, her best material didn't come until the end of last year's story, but I blame that on the writing since the story was slow, meandering, repetitive, and the character was stuck in hiding for the 90% of her stint on the show. Most of the time, she was just talking to herself.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The bigger question for me is...Why the hell is Paul holding her hostage?! Isn't he bound by the law to turn her in?!

This is just sloppy, lazy writing with what appears to be character assasination left and right.

DruRocks, first you trash Susan Flannery's work on the abuse storyline at B&B and now Kimberlin Brown on Y&R. Is there ANYONE you like other than Nancy Lee Grahn and Victoria Rowell?! Geez!

• Members

Thanks to CarolineSpencer at Soapzone!

Nursery Crimes!

Shelia is alive and you’re not going to believe who holds the key to her future.

As we already know, Poor Lauren has been unable to revel in the joys of motherhood. That’s because Mom is terrified that Shelia will kidnap Fen just like she did Lauren’s first son years ago. And the so called proof that Shelia is dead has been little comfort.

But Lauren isn’t the only stressed out resident in the Baldwin house. Michael is defending Devon, the # 1 suspect in Carmen’s murder. As evidence that Devon is the killer mounts, Michael is upset that Paul has pulled out as the investigator for the case “Michael doesn’t understand why and keeps asking questions” explains Doug D “ Paul’s been getting defensive because he’s trying to get Michael to leave him alone and move on. But Michael thinks Paul is hiding something, which he is. He’s trying to make sure Brad’s secret doesn’t get blown open.

Unable to count on Pauk, Michael is further upset when he comes home and finds the detective in conversation w/ Lauren “ Michael once again accuses Paul of holding back information about Devon’s case” Says DD “ They get in each other’s faces and finally Paul just leaves”

But an intently curious Michael decides to get to the bottom of Paul’s behavior by tailing his car “ Paul doesn’t know he’s being Followed” says DD “ then Michael can;’t make it through a traffic light and loses Paul”

Williams arrives at a very mysterious location, a room decorated like a nursery. There’s someone already present, but it ain’t no baby! A woman w/ long hair is standing w/ her back to Paul. Shelia? When she turns around we see Phyllis! But is she really Phyllis, what the heck is going on?

“It’s Shelia” announces Michelle “ That sick [!@#$%^&*] had surgery to look like Phyllis” lol

With such a familiar face, a madeover Shelia has been able to not only return to Genoa City, but to get really close to her clueless enemies “ She’s cocky” chuckes Michelle “ She’s been moving around town and being careful not to be where the real Phyllis is at the same time. So for a while, no one knew if they were talking to Shelia or Phyllis”

Shelia was even welcomed into the Baldwin home, with Michael and Lauren believing they were entertaining Phyllis. So what is Shelia up to this time? “ She was going to take Fen” says Michelle “ so she had a nursery built to look just like his, except this one has bars”

That’s because Shelia had planned to kidnap Lauren as well. That plan backfired and Paul has been holding Shelia Captive “ he’s had her locked up since October” says Michelle “ How it happened is explained in flashbacks. As Phyllis, Shelia went shopping for Fen when she crossed paths w/ Paul. He noticed she was a little off because, well, she’s not Phyllis. So he followed her and found the prison/nursery. After a couple days he went back and waited for her to arrive”

And when she did, Paul turned the tables on Shelia and imprisoned her. But that only created a conundrum for the otherwise good guy Paul “ the way he sees it, he’s saving several lives” Says DD “ He knows that no matter where the police have Shelia, she seems to get out. So he took matters into his own hands, but he got into this very quickly before he realized what was really transpiring” ( Huh??)

As we know a caged Shelia is not a happy camper “ she’s a little freaked out about being there” sighs Stafford “ She’s pretty upset. All she can think about is getting out. She has a lot of conversations with herself and talks to her reflection in the mirror”

Paul has shown up w./ Food and Shelia tries to appeal to his sympathy by asking him to tell at least someone else he has her. That way, Shelia reasons, is anything happens to him, at least someone else knows about her. But Paul refuses “ he’s taken on an awesome responsibility to protect Lauren and Fen :” Says DD “he’s sacrificing his own life to ensure their safety, but a lie like this is like a cancer, it’s very difficult to live with on a day to day basis. Still he’s determined to do this on his own”

Ah, but that objective gets terribly compromised next week. Says DD “ coming up there’s some twists that you would never expect, it’s going to be incredibly dramatic”

• Members

Just because I didn't bow at Susan Flannery's feet doesn't mean I don't like her. And check the other MB on Sheila/KB and you will see that I am not the only one. I thought KB was great during Bill Bell days. But then it got repetitive and then I just didn't buy anything anymore. And yes I do admire others work. You don't see me praising VR everyday.

Anyways, next time I'll run my opinions by you to see if they have any merit <_<

• Members

Hey, at least it sounds interesting, which is more than I can say for what we're getting on Y&R lately. I'm sure Michelle Stafford will rock this storyline!

As for Kimberlin Brown, she was amazing the first go-round on Y&R and B&B, and even in her subsequent B&B returns. But much of her performance this last time was awfully flat. Yes, the writing wasn't as great, but she didn't rise above it like the KB I know normally would. The only times she impressed me was when her scenes were written well. Otherwise, she didn't do much to change my mind about the storyline. That was all Roscoe Born IMO.

• Members

I have mixed feelings about this. I have always hated the character of Sheila but loved Kimberlin Brown. I don't want Sheila back at all, but am excited about Michelle Stafford being able to play this.

I am just so tired of these psycho characters that have plagued daytime for the last few years. It is one of the most repetitive storylines right now and they are usually all way over the top and tire very quickly even if the actress is good.

• Members

I feel physically sick reading that piece of [!@#$%^&*] article. And WHERE EXACTLY does Michelle Stafford get off calling Sheila a sick whatever, HELLO? Phyllis isn't exactly a picture of mental health herself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPtdewBos-4

This is outrageous. You know what really pisses me off though? Characters getting fucked over to whitewash others, as notorious 20+ year skank Lauren has at the expense of Sheila, and now PHYLLIS... of ALL people!

Archived