24: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nothing was shown on the show until tonight when Marilyn told Jack that Audrey had been killed in an auto accident. Jack got the file and then we saw pictures of the accident and the draped body. It was supposed to have happened in China where Audrey was trying to locate Jack so she could get him home again. It was a shock but we know that it is still possible that the pictures weren't of her. The DNA was said to have matched, though. Guess we wait and see.

Tonight's show was really good. I can hardly wait for the VP to get his comeuppance. Logan's fate wasn't on tonight.

• Members

Tonight's show was the best so far, I think. We got to learn some truths and see WWIII averted and a bad guy caught and meet a simple, sweet fellow and his brother who were charming, if you can say that about characters mixed up in a plot to help a foreign country. Nadia is not the mole.....yea. Thankfully she was given reprieve but doesn't seem very happy about having been accused at all. Wayne Palmer is back as Pres....just in the nick of time.

• Members

I loved how Gredinko lived out his final hour. He did it his way and tried to make his life mean something. So why on earth is Wayne releasing that missile? Has he lost his mind? So glad to see Karen and Tom mend fences and join forces. Next week will be a whole new game. Jeepers. It's hard to be left wanting more.

To who asked about Audrey. The picture showing her dead body partially covered with a tarp caused Jack to have a look of doubt on his face. I've read that Audrey wore her watch on her right arm, not her left arm as in that picture. Most likely, we will hear more about this along the way. Also, dna proof without the body only proves that she was where they could get a dna sample, not that they got it from a dead body.

• Administrator

I don't like Wayne as President. He's too young and he doesn't a have a presence. And what was up with the ending? I was like, "What??" in a bad way. And we already went through this 25th Ammendment thing a couple seasons ago.

Did we ever find out about what happened to President Logan? Last time I remember seeing him was in the ambulance.

Also, there hasn't been enough Jack in the past couple of episodes.

• Members

We were left up in the air about Logan. I've been listening for mention of his injury and whether he made it or not but nothing yet.

Everyone is complaining about there not being enough Jack. I do believe that is why all the Mike hate. Fearful that he may be Jack the second in the stories. I actually don't mind him and think he is worth wondering about.

I really agree about the 25th amendment thing. It was redundant and even though it's been several season's back it was also his brother that it was used on. Not good and I wonder why, because there has to be another reason (LOL or wishful thinking).

• Members

What a solid show tonight with loads of twists. I hope the Mike haters will not be as mean on him after tonight's show. I rather liked him all along. DB Woodside has brought Wayne Palmer to a new level and I'm just thrilled to pieces with him. He's probably going to expire before the end of the show though. He's pushing too hard and is only flesh and blood after all. The previews show him asking the VP to resign. I hope that happens, but I don't know who the Speaker of the House is who would be next in line. Thankfully it's not Logan and we still haven't learned what happened to him. Also, the previews show Audrey on next week and that was totally unexpected to me as even the spoilers didn't say she'd be back on screen until the end of the series.

I'm watching the rerun of Season 4 on A&E channel and Logan has just assumed the presidency. He is such a weasel. It was really hard to see him as having enough guts to be the bad guy he portrayed in Season 5.

• Members

Now that is a big twist...24 actually wrapped up a storyline before the finale and gave us a huge twist with Audrey being alive...I was sure she would be, but i was thinking we'd have to wait till next season for Jack to rescue her...I was worried something would go wrong and Jack would spend the rest of the season trying to find the nukes...But i was totally shocked with the phone call from Audrey..Great twist 24, i'm hooked again...

• Administrator

Great episode! The writers totally fooled me with President's bluff. LOL

The scene where he kills like 10 guys and then kills Fayed by hanging him - awesome! Jack was back last night!!

And now Jack has to go save Audrey from the Chinese! Nice twist.

• Members

Wow, about the time I was beginning to think this season was going to fizzle, tonight's show brought it back into high gear. Loads of twists and action. Lots of questions, too. Is Doyle worthwhile or is he fill? What is Milo up to? Is Palmer down for real this time? What will the VP do now to put the country in danger? Will his apparent affair with his assistant and their lies be revealed and to what advantage. Hopefully Wayne does recover enough to get the VP out of office. I can hardly wait until next week.

• Members

Tonight was another great action packed episode. Unfortunately, I doubt that many tuned in due to the return of Heroes and the falling numbers watching 24 this season.

Mike is really growing on me now. All the turmoil in the political circle at the White House and the pressure vise put on Karen to fire Bill was nerve-wracking. What will happen with them (Karen and Bill). Who will be the new director of CTU? What a mess Audrey is. Even in the previews she still isn't very much with reality. What on earth has she had to endure at the hands of the Chinese? What is going on between Milo and Morris?

I'm looking forward to next week for sure.

• Members

Another fantastic episode of 24. Tonight's show was about seeing into characters and learning who they really are and how they got that way. Daniels whom I've hated actually made me realize that he is a decent man with honorable convictions, Mike Doyle solidified his belief in Bauer, Audrey showed enough to let us know she can return to the real world, we learned how the spy obtained and passed along his information to the Russians and we watched Nadia face her challenge as leader of CTU with vulnerability and growing strength. This weeks TV Guide has an article with Kiefer Sutherland who says that this season is more about setting up the ducks for next season. After tonight you can tell that it is transition from Tony and Jack to Mike and Jack, from President Palmer to another president, and new leadership at CTU. Only three episodes and what a trail of exitement blazing to the finale.

• Members

Good insight into this episode Jean, I too didn't care very much for the VP, but last night he has won me over (sort of). I would like to see Mike return next season but we still need more Jack. Good to see Hiller but didn't like his attitude toward Jack but I can understand it. I can't begin to guess how this season will end.

• Members

I'm so ready for tonight. Someone Jack believes is dead is supposed to show up, but I'm not certain that spoiler meant Audrey. There are some spoilers that I think I'll browse around and see what I can learn B)

OK, I learned about tonight but won't give it away. PM me if you'd like to know, but it will be on in a few short hours and worth the wait.

I haven't learned yet who the person returning from the dead is. I'm hoping it's Chris Henderson instead of Tony. We have Doyle and Tony would be a second sidekick. Doesn't work. Chris Henderson knows about the Baur family connection to the terror in Season 5 and can tie up loose ends.

Archived