DAYS: Spoilers for Week of Dec 26th (pretty explosive)

• Members

I agree about the WTD, Jean. I don't think that's what the story will primarily be about, though. It will be about showing that LUMI have the fortitude and maturity to make it as a serious couple. They both have trust issues that need to be overcome and I think this story will accomplish that. Sami's needs to see that Lucas is committed to her no matter what. I expect the baby's paternity will only be in question long enough to show that Lucas is willing to stand by her.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If Hogan is smart, he will not to a WTD with EJ/Sami/Lucas. Have Sami relive her rape by Alan Harris and deal with the trauma of being forced into sex by two men, with Lucas being there for her. That by itself is enough drama. We've had enough pregnancies in Salem thanks to JER, we don't need anymore right now.

• Members

I adore Lucas and to me Sami isn't worth watching without Lucas LOL, so that puts my view in the minority. I see the point you are making as Lucas does need a vehicle to pull in the strictly Sami fans. To me, Sami and Lucas are soulmates which means they are able to overcome any and all obstacles but I'd rather see them have fun than suffer.

• Members

I'm more partial to Lucas too and I don't really care what the strictly Sami fans think. I was thinking more of the overall strength of the couple. Sami always falls back into her self-destructive cycles when she feels insecure. So I think it's very important she sees that Lucas is 100% committed to her and doesn't hold any of this against her. I do agree Hogan could have chosen a better way to accomplish this but I know Ali and Bryan are going to rock with this story.

• Members

I don't know if it was clear from the original post, but the "I definitely smell another who's the daddy storyline coming here" line was a supposition of the anonymous poster. It's a reasonable conclusion based on that outlandish thing that EJ told Kate a couple of weeks ago, but nothing about a WTD story has been confirmed.

Maybe it's just my natural tendency to want to see a twist in everything, but I don't think HS is going to do a WTD story here. I always thought that JER planned for Sami's 2nd pregnancy to be a difficult one. I believe he laid the groundwork for it, when Sami had Will. IIRC, Will was a difficult birth and there was something in the dialogue back then (I can't exactly remember what it was) that lead me to believe that Sami would have difficulty bearing children in the future.

Then we had that whole Sami lie that Carrie couldn't have children with Austin b/c of a genetic disorder. Add to that, back in June(?) when Sami was scared about karma and she went to chapel to atone before karma hit her. I think JER had it planned that Sami, not Carrie, would have that genetic disorder. Remember Sami wasn't really remorseful about that lie. Maybe in order to make her remorseful for her actions, she has to go through the pain of what she put others through and in this case, either not bearing another child OR having a VERY difficult time bearing one. Perhaps Hogan decided to continue that story with Sami so that she could have more empathy for the pain of what Carrie went through when she believed that she couldn't have children?

I also think that HS wanted to revisit the rape storyline for Sami for the same reason that he wanted to address Philip's war injuries w/the face transplant and Shawn's history with Jan in his pairing of Shawn/Willow. We know that he didn't like the way the show treated Phillip's leg injuries. Perhaps he felt the same way about Sami's rape and wanted a do over of the storyline so that the issue was dealt with properly?

I want to give HS a chance before outright condemning the storyline. We don't know where he's going with this. I hope that it's not a typical WTD storyline. If Sami does get pregnant, then I hope that Sami and Lucas wore protection; it's definitely EJ's and Lucas has to accept that the baby isn't his and loves Sami and the baby anyway. OR, after EJ rapes Sami, Sami decides to go to Aunt Kayla and get a morning after prescription and takes care of business. If she does get pregnant, why not let Sami have an abortion? Lucas could be there with her at the abortion clinic, while the procedure is done. That could work for me as well...

HS can take this story in many directions, if he wants. I hope he departs from the typical WTD story but if not, I hope that we get some character development with both Lucas/Sami....

ETA: Here's a link to day by day spoilers for the week of Dec 26th:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/358339/mess...ek+of+Dec.+25th

Looks like Hope gives birth/EJ rapes Sami on Friday, Dec 29th

• Members

I don't like WTD stories either but, like Ponz said, the focal point won't rest on that. It will be part of Sami's redemption, revisiting history, and also expanding on Lucas. This time I think he will stand by her seeing what she did for him and it will move them to the next level as a couple. If the paternity is in question if Sami should get pregnant, that is something they can deal with together wondering if they need to deal with EJ being in their lives for good and that could be good conflict. I am ok with it and agree there is other ways to do this is ok as long as it does what I think it will. Ali and Bryan will rock this and I think this really throws them in with J&M, Bo and Hope, etc. They will now want EJ brought down big time and I can see them getting involved with the other couples and this war will really explode.

Those daily spoilers are very vague. They don't mention anything about Christmas on the 26th and we all know Clay will be there and Doug and Julie but I guess it's ok. We know we will get it. One thing I noticed is it seems LUMI do not return for Christmas nor do Max and Mimi. I guess you can't really tell from spoilers but it seems that way from the daily ones as Sami and Lucas are going on their own getaway right around what is supposed to be the Christmas show and Max and Mimi still look like they are in captivity.

That last episode of the year is looking like a fitting end and a good momentum builder.

• Members

In the SOW thread, I posted a link to an article about EJ targeting John next week, but I noted that there's something about Sami helping the police investigation in that article as well.

Sami agrees to help the Salem PD set up EJ. Sami comes to EJ and tells him what he wants to hear including that she has feelings for him and wants to help him evade the police. Sami suggests that they meet at a boathouse later to make sure he's safe.

http://deidrehall.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=2786

So that kind of gives us a sense of how we get from Sami overhearing EJ talk about the Dimeras to EJ raping Sami. She wouldn't be at that location if she hadn't decided to help the police.

I guess the scenario is that John is in the pimpmobile. EJ shoots John and calls Sami to help him escape the police. Sami goes to the boathouse. EJ brandishes a weapon and forces himself on her.

I just don't get the part where Lucas trapped in the temporary shelter comes in....

• Members
I completely agree. I think Sami is really annoying to watch when she's on her own without Lucas. I don't get why some Sami fans gets all upset with Lucas when he's doubting her. He's always right so what's all the fuzz about?! Lucas would be a fool if he didn't doubt her after all the crazy things she's done. lol

• Members

HOLY SH!T !!!

This is going to be one hell of a Christmas in Salem. I can't wait! :lol:

Why is Patrick ordered to kill Hope though? :huh: I thought Stefano's orders were to kill John?!?!

What is Patrick trying to redeem himself now? No point. He may as well have not revealed the baby's true paternity. His mother was thrilled he was having Hope's baby. May as well let Bonnie be happy, lol.

John's a trooper. He always lives on. I'm sure he will remove the bullet himself, as well. It's true. Hmmm second assassin? Now that's interesting! Wonder who :mellow:

:lol: I love it! Sami had it coming. She let EJ into her personal life even after she was warned countless times. And, I can see the who's the father storyline happening, too. I imagine they will think its EJ, and then down the road, they discover its Lucas'.

A really interesting storyline idea: Sami has an abortion because 1) she doesn't want to have a child as result of rape and 2) she doesn't want to have a Dimera baby. Later, they discover the child was infact Lucas'. But, I don't think the paternity of the child can be proven after if she has an abortion, hmmm.

It makes sense. Steve is the second assassin EJ was speaking of. While Steve was "dead", he was probably held captive by the Dimera's. They erased him memory and implanted the mission of murdering someone in his mind, the same way they did with John in the past. Permitting this speculation is correct, I wonder who he's sent to kill. I'm guessing Kayla or Bo.

Poor Abby! She really should've made a move while she had the chance, though. Even if she had told Max how she feels after Mimi had stepped into the picture, she stood a good chance, IMO.

I'm excited to see Hope delivering her bundle of joy. She deserves it! Moreso, I can't wait to see this rape storyline play out. I think this is what's going to change Sami once and for all.

• Members

Since Hope gives birth on the same episode that Sami is raped, I wonder if we'll get a sequence of their scenes intertwined together in some sort of montage? That could be powerful. Hope pushing/screaming, Sami screaming... you get the picture.

I've read that EJ rapes Sami at gunpoint. That's going to be hard to watch. Usually on daytime, the men just force themselves on the women... but at GUNPOINT? Yikes.

• Members

I would love for the final five minutes of the Dec 29 episode to be Hope giving birth as EJ rapes Sami. Those images together set to some sort of song would be powerful and emotional. If John is shot and Lucas's life is on the line, those images could be in there too and it could be like a theme of life and death and sacrifices and going through pain out of love. Wow...this could be good.

If Days can maintain this mementum most of next year, 2007 will be awesome.

Archived