SOW spoilers for Dec 11th week (Y&R on cover)

• Members

Bonnie was TOTALLY more valuable than either of her children. Oh mylanta was that ever backwards.

But I can understand the decision based on the character.

Acting-wise though I'm sad. I love Judi so much and somewhere inside me there is a little brat stamping her foot that the acting ability quotient of Days just went down. (Then again Tek's firing maybe balances it out.) I knew it would be this way too, I knew that the smart thing could well be to ditch Bonnie but that I'd still be sad about it. Ah well. I hope I get to still see her somewhere.

But without Judi, Mimi really needs to go. Mimi needs to go even if Bonnie was staying.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think the beauty of Days' wave of cast cuts is that most of the people they fired are either bad actors or bad characters, or characters who have run their course IMHO. With a few exceptions. Shayna Rose at least is staying recurring. J&J were beyond the show's control. And Lexie may be back. I can live with the cuts.

• Members

So is Juliet Mills, but she sure makes it work, just the way Judi was good at playing Bonnie - a crappy character with horrible dialogue, but I don't think anyone can dispute the fact that Judi played it well...and I would LOVE to see Juliet and Judi act together. Doubt it will happen, but still....

• Members

Blind Item

This soap vet was let go but given lots of notice about it because TPTB were trying to be nice. Unfortunately, he took the news poorly and has chosen to start acting up, coming in late and not knowing his lines. It's a shame, because his co-workers used to like him, and the honchos at his network would have probably used him again on another show. "What are they going to do?" quips a set source. "Fire him?"

Sounds like Ted King (GH) to me. That fits a male soap vet.

• Members

I dunno about that. Jay has hardly struck it big. We know they dont start people out as they did 5 years ago (etc), I'd say he's probably getting atleast what he was in 2000. But I wouldnt say they're spending alot of money on him. They could easily have gone for Philip #4.

Archived