Is Beyonce a Jealous of Jennifer Hudson?

Sweet_VeeVee24

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I find it very hard to believe that they would think Beyonce has a chance of being nominated or winning an Oscar for Lead Actress. If she's even remotely better in this movie than her others... it's because the role doesn't seem that far from her own life (and it should be hard to mess that up.) Now, if this one critic isn't liking it... then what does it say about others and those that actually get to vote? If they don't like it either, then it will do more damage than help for the movie.

Now, I never seen Jennifer Hudson act, but if the buzz is correct (which is more about her than Beyonce anyways, and since that is the case...) then they should stick with pushing her, Jamie Foxx and/or Eddie Murphy, and the movie for a spot in the awards.

• Members

I don’t think Beyonce will get a best actress nom, but I think it was smart to put Jennifer in the Supporting Actress category. It will increase her odds of betting a nomination, and scoring a win.

The academy is less critical of “musicals” in supporting categories (i.e. Catherine Zeta taking home the Oscar, and not Renee, for Chicago).

• Members

Not to mention Queen Latifah also being nominated for supporting for Chicago. They're smart to keep Hudson in the background. And since Reese Witherspoon won last year for Lead Actress, the Academy may not want to nominate another singing role in that category.

Archived