DAYS: Source e-mails list of writers fired....

• Members

An e-mail from a first time source confirmed to me the following writers have been fired. As previously announced, Renee Godelia & Rick Draughon are already gone and no longer listed in the show credits.

Also fired:

Peter Brash

Hannah Shearer

Sofia Landon Geier

Michael Slade

Susan Kirshenbaum

Anne Schoettle

Bruce Neckels

Demoted to Dialogue Writer: Jeanne Marie Ford

If the source is correct (and I believe it to be a real source) then this is the current "Days" writing staff (pending new hires):

Head Writer........................Hogan Sheffer

Co-Head Writer...................Meg Kelly

Associate Head Writers........Beth Milstein & Frederick Johnson

Dialogue Writers.................Jodie Scholz & Jeanne Marie Ford

http://members.aol.com/jason47b

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Again, I'm fairly certain it's a real source. With my website, I'm always getting emails out of the blue from fake "sources" that just want their material published as truth. I'm fairly good at weeding out the fakes by now after so many years of doing so. The material emailed and the email address it was sent from, etc... all make me assume it's for real, but since it's a first-time emailer to me, who knows? Just going with my gut feeling on it.

• Members

Thanks Jason. I'm disappointed that SLG and Anne Schoettle were let go while Meg Kelly and Jodie Scholtz were able to remain.

Days got rid of the 2 best dialogue writers of the bunch. Thank goodness that Bruce Neckels, Michael Slade and Susan Kirshbaum got kicked to the curb!! They were horrible.

I'm surprised that Peter Brash got fired. I wonder what that does for my Brash theory.... ;)

• Members

WTH?!!!

The fired Brash, SLG, and Schoettle?

They got rid of their best script writers and one of their longest running members of the writing team. Wow...thank God Beth is still there,

At least Neckels and the other bad ones are gone. I think this was cost cutting because it seems Days may be wanting to go with a smaller staff or maybe they are going to go after other writers selected by Hogan.

• Members

If this is indeed true then I am not too pleased that Brash who has been with the show for YEARS and has been a co-HW at one point and SLG who IMO is DAYS best SW is gone makes zero sense whatsoever. DAYS has been making some odd/bad decisions the last few weeks and its starting to worry me just a bit.

• Members

Peter Brash!!

YIKES! Somebody get out to the atlantic beach line THIS MINUTE. LOL :lol:

I actually think this is a smart moove on "DAYS" part. Those people are stuck in a rut

and they got lazy under Reilly's long, long, long too-long tenure.

I think the group they have now is very strong and I'm sure they'll be adding some

more hitters soon.

It's obvious now, however, that Hogan Sheffer has MAJORITY CONTROL on that show.

He's basically being given carte blanche to build and run his own writing staff top to bottom

and that's very rare these days. It also sends a message that he is the one more than likely

calling the shots on what characters are fired, recast and so on. People keep blaming Corday

and Wyman, but this almost proves that Sheffer has autonomy at DAYS. They want him to fix

the show and they've given him full command.

If it's true, then it just proves that Sheffer has almost TOTAL control over there, because let me

tell you this--Wyman and Corday are very close to SLG and Brash, they're like family, so to let

them go is more shocking than you could ever realize. They obviously are putting all their bets

on Sheffer and letting him have full reign of the show.

This has got to be killing Wyman to lose Brash and SLG, not to mention his pet up and comer

Hannah Shearer who he handpicked.

If this is true, then Sheffer's running the show.

• Members

I do beleive that Hogan is controlling the writing staff and stories but as for the firings I don't think he is responsible for all of them. He would've never came out and said he had plans for Lexie and for whoever else is getting fired coming up and then get rid of them. He also claimed to like Matt and then he was released. We all know that was Corday. Hogan isn't an idiot-that makes him look bad. That wasn't him.

He practically admitted getting rid of Carrie, Austin, and Frankie because there was too many Brady's and no place for them so those he was responsible for. I think he was also responsible for Patrick's too and maybe Stephanie's but the rest I don't think so. It wouldn't make logical sense. The rest I do agree he is in control of.

• Members

I think you're wrong Phoenix and I think you're being too "emotional" in your loyalty to Hogan

rather than thinking like a businessman.

This is BUSINESS folks. They either make the necessary cuts or they go off the air.

I know how these shows are ran and I can tell you right now that if Hogan can dismiss Peter Brash

and Sofia London Grier (Corday and Wyman's favorites) then he has been given full control over

the show.

After winning 4 Emmys for "Best Writer", and with the ratings cellar at their feet, I'm sure that

Corday had to give up a lot of power to bring a writer of Sheffer's caliber to DAYS.

If this is true about the writing team, then you're dead wrong Phoenix. Sheffer is calling the shots

and though he probably hates to get rid of certain people, he has to do it in order to have "budget"

for the characters and things he wants to do in the future.

And NOTHING these writers say in the press means crap. On a soap, your outlook changes from

week to week. If "Y&R" has baby Cassie die, then "DAYS" suddenly has to make Zach die. It wasn't

originally planned but that's the way the story changes. You all put too much stock in these press interviews.

• Members

It is a shame so many writers are losing their jobs all at once. And isn't that unusual only to have a few writers? It seems like that is a very small staff if it is true.

On the bright side, maybe there is a chance some of the better more experienced writers could take over AMC or OLTL!!! Anything is better than McTavish at this point.

Archived