DAYS: Source e-mails list of writers fired....

• Members

Yeah, the storyline has been an Abe/Lexie storyline and it still is. If Lexie's ending is the way I'm thinking it will be, then it will be an Abe/Lexie storyline, even after Renee Jones leaves. The story starts off with Abe and Lexie, so obviosuly he's going to include her. If he's writing her out, it's still their storyline, but he did emphasize more on Abe than Lexie. And something big is supposed to happen in December.

Things are starting to make sense.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If Hogan has all this power over everything and is POSSIBLY making room for Kristen and/or Stefano, Lexie is needed IMO.

I will say I am thrilled that outside of SLG, Brash, and Shoulette all the others were canned!

• Members

This is just my point, Phoenix.

If SAG says that DAYS has to pay Lexie $15,000 a month because of her seniority, but they

can recast the role for $4,975 a month----then no matter how much Hogan LOVES Renee Jones,

he now has a BUSINESS decision to make.

It just baffles me how some people think all these "emotional" stuff matters when you're in

charge of a $3 million per month budget.

NBC already slashed the budget for DAYS by a huge margin.

Sheffer makes more than $450,000 a year, probably a LOT more than that.

It will likely take $25,000 a month to bring back SUSAN/KRISTIN, so that means people have to

be fired to make room.

I'm sure that Hogan Sheffer would love to have kept Matt Ashford and SEVERAL people that he's

fired if this were the old days when a soap could SPLURGE the way they used to.

KEITH said:

How does Hogan dismissing writers on his team equate having full control, including over the cast? It's his writing team. Um...duh?

Actually, Keith, everyone on this board who works in the soap industry are looking at YOU and going "duh".

It's obvious by WHO IS BEING HIRED (Meg Kelly, Frederick Johnson) and by who is being fired (the "darlings" of Ken Corday, Sofia Geir and Peter Brash) that Hogan has control.

And since he is writing the storylines, he is the one who decides who will be on the canvas and who will

write for. He's won 4 Emmys, so I find it astonishing that you think a writer of his caliber would put his

reputation on a show like DAYS and not have power. It's becoming more and more obvious that Corday and Wyman really believe in Sheffer. They're letting him run his own ship--even if that means firing people

that up til now have been "untouchable".

• Members

Haha!!! You're absolutely crazy!

Harding Lemay fired the two top stars of "AW" when he took over---Steve and Alice.

He was HW.

Douglass Marland fired countless people at "GH" and "ATWT" when he took over. He

wrote about it.

There's tons of stories of HW's firing actors. They simply call up the EP and say, "I'm writing

so and so out of the show"----or----"Can I have permission to kill off so and so?"

I can promise you that 90% of firings from soaps are the result of the HW saying, "I want to

go in another direction now--I don't really need this character anymore."

Sometimes because of the BUDGET, the HW is forced to ax people that he/she really doesn't

want to let go of, but to bring back a Kristin/Susan or pay for a new set--you have to.

• Members

You didn't explain how I was wrong, Gabe. Yeah, Hogan's brought his people to HIS staff. We have zero evidence that he, more than say Corday, had had anything to do with this new batch of firings. He made previews featuring both Stephanie & Lexie. So, I'm remaining skeptical here. That's not HIS business decision, from where I'm sitting.

• Members

Really, really sad about SLG getting fired. That's a shocker. :(

I can understand the overhaul of the writing staff if they are very serious about turning things around. Like Kenny said, people have been saying big changes have been needed for years. I was hoping we would keep SLG, though. I also understand budget cuts with the actors, but I'd much rather cut the equivalent of 4 Mimi's (and we DO have at least 4 crap characters that could be cut easily) and keep one Matt Ashford or Renee Jones. I'd take quality over quantity any day.

• Members

Ooh, here's another thought. If Hogie really has full control over who get's hired or fired, then we'll know when we get an announcement that Josh Taylor has been fired. It's not like Hogie has used him that much up to this point except as a supporting cast member. Hogie hasn't talked about giving him a storyline or anything.

So, if what EricaKane4Life is saying is true, then when can we see the pink slip for Josh Taylor? That should free up some cash for a useless character....

• Members

Please don't do that.

I never said Hogan has FULL CONTROL. I said that he has MAJORITY CONTROL.

Ken Corday is the owner of that show and nothing can be done without him agreeing

to it.

But if Jason's reporting turns out to be true, then Hogan does have MAJORITY CONTROL

over what he wants to do.

• Members

That was SO uncalled for.

I've worked on soap operas for more than 35 years. It would be ridiculous for me

not to know how they work.

I don't see how anything I've said adds up to me being on a high horse.

I'm telling you MY OPINION about something I know about.

Why do you always get a foul attitude when I offer my two cents? My opinion is

no more important than yours, after all.

You must be awfully insecure.

Archived