DAYS: Source e-mails list of writers fired....

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't see Roman going anywhere. I know that he could but I just don't. Roman is the type of character that Hogan has proven he likes to write for. I see him keeping Roman around as a supporting character only.

As to the writing staff, I feared many of these were the ones that would go. I said a week ago the very same thing, and no one commented on it. When I heard more cast cuts were coming, I knew that some of the long time writers and best ones would be the ones to get the axe. They make the most money on the writing staff so I think that is why they basically got cut. I am sure Hogan wanted his staff so he had 2 pluses in his favor cause he gets his staff, gets rid of some of the holdovers, and cuts the budget too. Sadly he lost some of the best writers Days had.

I still see all of this as an effort to bring back some old faves. I am thinking JM, ED, and Louise Sorel. Because the first 2 are available, and then for the last one that random poll.

I find it funny that many weeks ago were criticizing Y&R for so many back scene changes, but now Days has taken it over. The bad thing is Days has big changes going on onscreen and behind the scenes too.

• Members

Yes, possibly if Roman was played by someone else other than Josh Taylor I could see Roman's utility, but JT just kills it for me. Plus, I don't think that he has chemistry with anyone on the show. IMHO, he brings eveyone down to his level when he shares scenes with the other actors. I usually enjoy LK or AS, but not with JT. He's a waste.

Well, maybe Hogie might decide to recast and Corday would allow him to do it. After all, it might be better to get a cheaper, younger actor to replace Roman for budget reasons. I can always dream right?

• Members

Seriously!

Honestly, I did not watch DAYS at all last week. Haven't watched today. I am not planning on watching this week either or next. This week is last week of class, next is finals. I have them all on TIVO, but the desire/urge is not there to watch.

I'd rather put the little time I do have into my blog.

• Members

1. I still don't see how E.J. could be involved in killing Lexie or having her killed if he is a DiMera and is connected to Stefano (if Lexie is killed off, that is). Of course, DiMera women have never fared well in that family. Renee was murdered by cousin Andre (the Salem Slasher); Megan was electrocuted in Hope's place; and Kristen got locked away in a harem far, far away.

2. Whoa! What if E.J. is following orders . . . not from Stefano, who is incapacitated in Italy, but by Kristen?

3. I believe Hogan was sincere in his early interviews. Almost everything he has promised has happened. Like many have said, when Eileen Davidson became available, this may have been the impetus to quash the Abe/Lexie story and make room for Kristen/Susan/or whoever she'll be (if she returns).

4. Loved Kenny's comment about the script writers. They can make a great story boring or can make a boring story exciting. True, true, true!!! Maybe many of them just became demoralized under JER and never recovered?

5. I don't remember Hogan ever saying anywhere that he liked Jack Deveraux. Didn't Gabe post this for the first time during the [s.W.S.N.B.N.] "era" on SON? I don't remember seeing/hearing this anywhere else.

6. How is Gabe going to talk to Hannah Shearer face to face if he lives on the East Coast and she is a native Californian? Just curious.

7. If Hogan really likes Roman, why is Roman still hanging around in the background all the time like, as someone said the other day, Abe's secretary? I loved Josh as Chris Kositchek, but this recast was a terrible mistake.

8. Josh Taylor was fired once before during the Salem Stalker storyline. He was only brought back with the others out of desperation when Corday forced JER to alter his long-term plans for "Days" and Marlena. Right? Why couldn't Roman go away again? Since Josh has been associated with the show for so many years, I'm sure he gets paid more than the character of Roman is now worth.

9. Whoever said that Matt Ashford is (in monetary terms) worth four Mimis had me LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Just to come up with a perfect 10, and totally off subject, but it bugs me that we have never had a scene with Nick and Alice. I would love to see Frances's reaction to this new character. "WTF? Who is this? Which grandchild? Jessica who? And what was the little !@#$%^&*]'s name again?" :-)

• Members

The same thing can be said about a lot of the decisions Hogan is making right now. And I am talking about ones that we do know.

I mean why are some of the characters bouncing back and forth? Some have come up with excuses but none of them make sense to me right now. Hopefully if all these writers do leave some of that will stop. I just have a feeling so much is going on behind the scenes that no one is supervising, and we have ups and downs in character movement. Hopefully it is going to get better.

As I have said before what is the purpose of all the new faces right now in the midst of so many leaving. I don't understand that decision either, and like the exuses that many have made they don't make sense either.

And as to him keeping Roman on the backburner. I don't think Roman will ever be frontburner under Hogan, but he is they type of cop character that Hogan likes. He never used Hal Munson that much in big stories on ATWT, but he wrote for Hal alot like he does Roman. He was there and involved. And like Hal Roman has ties to so many in town. So that is the reason I think of the cops he will keep Roman around longer than he does say Abe.

I don't say that is an absolute, but Hogan likes the cops and uses them as a whole with a leader. I see Roman being a Hal type for him.

• Members

You're right Dr. Chip.....it was [s.W.S.N.B.N.], NOT HOGAN who loved Matt Ashford so much. Per her radio interview, Matt was the first person [!@#$%^&*] ran into at DAYS and he was extremely flattering towards her and she remembered him from "Search for Tomorrow" as the story went. You're right. It was her who adored Ashford.

Shame she's on "Young and the Restless" now and can't be brought back to DAYS. Her "eccentric" but addictive style of writing goes perfect with Hogan's. Love her books.

As for Hannah Shearer----I work on an east coast soap and I fly there all the time, but I live on the west coast.

Haven't you ever noticed what time I post on here? When it's cold back east, I'm usually in Redondo Beach.

**Not that I'm about to seriously discuss where Hannah actually lives (WINK).

But I WILL be running into her "by accident" in the course of this week.

Be a good sport.

DO NOT TIP HER OFF, BUD.

• Members

WTF? This is HORRIBLE news.

It's bad enough axing Brash and Schoettle but SLG? She's the best scripwriter on the show by a country mile. Why in god's name would they fire her and keep the lacklustre Jodie Scholz?

I really hope this e-mail is bogus.

• Members

Brash lives in NYC (or he did when he co-wrote with Cwikly), so its quite possible for him to land up on an east coast soap. Where is SLG located? Maybe location has something to do with why they may have been fired (for some at least, not for Shearer obviously). Hogan relocated to LA, did Meg Kelly as well?

I think its insane that a writing staff should not be meeting face to face on a regular basis (and video conferencing doesn't really work as a surrogate when you're trying to be creative). I really think thats why some of the soaps are so disjointed - its like patchworked together from a check list.

Regarding Corday, I think he is an absentee executive producer. Corday used to act as PR checkpoint, but seems to have delegated that to Hogan and Wyman as well. I think Wyman, like Reilly and Langan before him, really runs the show. Corday only intervenes if he really objects to something Wyman wants to do or he has had some brainfart he wants implemented on a whim (like Lisa Rinna returning in 2002) - from an outsiders view, we really have no idea which hirings, firings and S/L direction changes came from Corday, Wyman or Hogan and as such most blame laying is purely speculative, unless directly confirmed by any of the 3 in the press for taking responsibility.

Archived