DAYS: Source e-mails list of writers fired....

• Members

Hogan doesn't want to fire Josh Taylor---he likes that character.

NOWHERE has Hogan made a statement about NBC/Corday firing people that he wanted to

keep on the show and write for.

NOWHERE.

The "plans" that a HW has for a show are never written in stone. They change with the weather.

Sheffer keeps saying that he wants to bring back the Hortons and the DiMeras.

I hear he's bringing back Bill Horton with a major soap actor in the role.

Well that costs money. BIG MONEY. And in order for him to do it, he has to WRITE OUT some

big fish.

Ken Corday barely has anything to do with this show and yet people are constantly (and wrongfully)

moaning that he's axing and cutting people. BULLSHIT!

Before Hogan came---Corday and Wyman had just signed Matt Ashford to a new 3 year contract!!!!

Ditto Lexie.

But those are big fish that could be written out to free up more money for the budget and

to pay for more showy characters and sets. IT HAS TO BE DONE and I guarantee you that anybody

that Hogan WANTS to write for will not be fired from this cast.

Corday and Wyman are not axing any characters without Hogan's permission. TRUST & BELIEVE.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I do think he likes Roman, and he likes Josh as well. He just may not like Josh AS Roman.

It almost sounds like the sports world, when the owner gives his/her "vote of confidence" to the coach, they get fired the next week.

• Members

You shouldn't assume that. What gave you that indication? I don't see the big deal about Josh Taylor being Roman. It's probably because I didn't watch when Wayne was on, but Taylor has been in the role for 7 years now. Get over it people. Wayne's not coming back as Roman. Josh Taylor is here to stay.

• Members

:huh: What? What does that even have to do with anything? You said that Hogan may not like Josh as Roman. That comes out of left-field, which is why I said something about it.

As for Wayne coming back as Roman, people have been saying for years that Wayne should come back as Roman. Where the hell have you been? However, he's not coming back, so that needs to just die down.

• Members

And that was my opinion. As far as I'm concerned, it didn't come out of left field. And, I've been watching this show off and on for years, so I feel it gives my more tha a right to make an observation about what I think. That's where I've been.

Now, if HS can find another role for him, he could more tha likely stay. If not, he just may go. Who knows right now. Only the near futurew will tell.

• Members

To my way of thinking it is entirely likely that there are some characters Hogan likes but is willing to let Corday get rid of, even if he himself wouldn't have. There are some that he will be willing to fight Corday to keep. There are some that he will be willing to fight Corday to get rid of. And there are some that he'd like to get rid of but won't press Corday on the matter. Trying to keep an open mind about all the "inside information" but I guess that just makes sense to me.

• Members

Yes, HE DID. He was asked in a TV Guide interview about the fired actors and he replied that "NBC and Corday Productions had their ideas and I had mine".

How do you know he likes the character? He's mentioned Roman a grand total of ONCE in all of his interviews...and that was in the context of him having NO PENIS.

• Members

Here's the entire quote, Ponz, from the TVG interview:

"When I came aboard, there were characters who were islanded," Sheffer tells TVGuide.com. "Frankly, coming in as a new writer, it was difficult for me to try to cook up stories for characters I didn't know very well, who were marginalized on the canvas.

"There were also actors who simply wanted to go," he continues. "So it's not like I came in and said, 'These people have to go.' [NBC and Corday Productions] had their ideas and I had mine. Once Jim Reilly brought Jack back and we knew that Jack and Jen were going off [to London] together, I walked in and didn't know what to do with Frankie. Billy Warlock is a great actor. I would love to have Billy Warlock back anytime, but for now, we had to make that decision [to write Frankie off]."

http://www.w3pg.com/w3-cgi/getmsg.pl/150/4626.html

My point about firing Josh Taylor was if Hogie was REALLY all that powerful he could show his cajones by firing JT and getting rid of Roman in some way. The nepotism on Days needs to end. It won't b/c Ken Corday is in charge and he got his title by nepotism. But it's truly sad how the worst traits of nepotism, ie KC's inability to make the show successful like his mother either through lack of care/mismanagement, has gotten the show to the point where it is now. Frankly, I could care less if Corday is taking an active or passive role in managing the day-to-day operations of the show. The end result is the same. The show is on the verge of cancellation b/c someone (Corday/Wyman--does it really matter at this point who was responsible for the garbage?) made horrible decisions over the years, which have left current fans despondent, dejected and many former fans not caring what happens to the show at all. Whoever is in charge of the show (Corday, Wyman, Hogie) better get their acts together b/c they are a lot of unhappy fans right now who don't know where the direction of the show/their fave characters are headed and/or bored, unhappy with the lack of romantic/"love in the afternoon" scenes etc.

If a new writing team is needed to help bring a fresh direction on the show, fine. But something's got to give here--SOON!! The show needs to figure out how to deliver a product in this case (entertaining storylines) that will satisfy the majority of their viewers and make lapsed/new viewers want to watch the show (again in the case of lapsed viewers).

Archived