DAYS: Source e-mails list of writers fired....

• Members

Well, if it's true that Hogan S has carte blanche over storylines, then I hope that he's able to do the more cutting edge stories like the rumored one for Will and make EJ the perpetrator. When Hogie starts taking risks, I hope he takes BIG, HUGE risks for storylines and directions of characters!! Let it rip, Hogie!!! :D

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thank you!!

Erika-I am not being too emotional. It's common sense. Sure people lie in the press but would a new HW trying to get fans to trust the show again release plans for characters on to fire them a month or so later? Things can change but I don't think so. Hogan is smart and he knows the fanbases will use it to trash him and continuev to not trust the show. I don't doubt Hogan was given control of the writing team and I do think he was responsible for some of the firings but not all.

• Administrator

6 writers??

only 3 script writers (including Kelly)?

umm.....what is this? 1976??? LOL

That's a lot of work load for such a small team.

If this is true, I'm really sad to see Brash, Shoettle and SLG go.

I wonder why Shoettle/Shearer was fired since they're really good friends with Milstein. Also, Scholz is pretty new to the writing team.

Again if this is true, I think Hogan will be adding more of his writers pretty soon.

• Members

Hey, I'm sorry Billy, but here's a COMMON SENSE moment---

If Hogan had big story plans for Matt Ashford and Renee Jones, they would NOT

be leaving the show. And more than likely, the "Abe" storyline called on Lexie to

be written out from the beginning. A "big story" doesn't mean the character won't

die off you know.

You guys want to blame, blame, blame Corday for things I honestly don't believe he

gives two shits about. He's obviously given Hogan Sheffer FREEDOM to write this show

how he wants but Hogan has BUDGET CONSTRAINTS, so whether he likes it or not, he

has to get rid of people that aren't going to figure into his stories.

There's no way that Matt Ashford or Lexie would be leaving if Hogan wanted them to

STAY.

• Members

I was hoping that Milstein and Schoettle's collaboration history would mean that they'd each be a plus for the other's chances of staying on. Guess not.

I am getting the feeling more and more that Days will soon become a possibly well-written but also possibly out-of-touch-with-history show. And I'm not sure what I feel about that.

• Members

I'm absolutely shocked at SLG. She's Days most heartfelt writer! I love her episodes. Also shocked at Peter Brash. And I'm disappointed about both, as well.

However, I'm excited that all the rest have been trashed, too. I've said for years now that the ENTIRE Days writing staff needs an overhaul. Not just the headwriter, but the whole flippin' staff. HW's write the stories, but it's the writers under the HW that pen the episode scripts. They can make exciting stories boring and boring stories exciting, depending on their talent. Thank God they're all being given the heave-ho and some fresh (hopefully good) talent is coming in their places.

I just hope that we're given writers who respect and know the history of the show. Even so, as long as the new writing is good, I might be able to overlook a few flaws. Lord knows I've done it this long! LoL

• Members

Isn't that how Hogan wrote ATWT? I know we try not to compare ATWT to DAYS, but it's not a comparison of the shows and their differences. It's more about Hogan's style of writing. Hogan tends to write about HIS history on the show. He doesn't go far back into the show's history. His storylines will more resolve around what he's done so far.

• Members

Ok Erica if that is true then why would Hogan mention Lexie in long term plans? Even if he was killing her off, it wouldn't be a 6 month story arc for Abe/Lexie like he said it would be if he is killing her off or writing her out.

I also recall you mentioning (or maybe it was someone else and you agreed) that Hogan liked Matt and wanted him to stay on and now you are saying differently. Budget constraints or not if Hogan had total control and wanted them to stay then they would be here and others wouldn't and that is why I don't buy that he is controlling all of these firings. I do think he has most of the control but not of everything. Not all those firings were on him.

Also, Corday himself mentioned he wanted happy ending for J&J so Matt's leaving was clearly on him so if Hogan had total control why couldn't he keep Matt like it seems he wanted to?

I just can't buy him having total control. Majority I can but not total.

Whatever the case I just hope that we get some good, fresh, creative talent on the team that at least doesn't rewrite history or insult the fans. If we get that, it should be good. Maybe the writing inconsistencies will be gone now or maybe they were a result of all this upheaval perhaps?

• Members

HOGAN WAS NOT LYING.

On a soap, your outlook changes from week to week.

If "Y&R" has baby Cassie die, then "DAYS" suddenly has to make Zach die. It wasn't

originally planned but that's the way the story changes.

You all put too much stock in these press interviews.

Furthermore, you're CRAZY if you think Hogan or any writer has time to "campaign" among the

fan bases.

This is a BUSINESS, it's not some "emotional" popularity contest. Writers of soaps are HATED

no matter what they do.

If HOGAN wants to bring back SUSAN/KRISTIN then he has get rid of big fish who hog up the

budget. Eileen became available, he had to cut loose Lexie. It doesn't mean he doesn't love

that character and wanted to write something spectacular for her---but plans change when

opportunity calls.

• Members

YES, PHOENIX!!!!

He did like Matt.

He did want him to stay on.

But he had to fire him.

Do you understand BUSINESS?????? These shows run on a BUDGET and the Actor's Guild demands

that an actor be paid a certain salary due to SENIORITY. Matt Ashford's check was like having 4 Mimi's.

Do you understand how writers have to cut people they really like???

SPOILER:

I hear that Lexie is being written out but will return in MAY. So perhaps that explains Hogan's comments.

• Members

He mentioned in SOD the story and referred to it as an Abe/Lexie story. Plus, he said they would be revisiting them as a couple and that he loved them. That is why I don't get it.

Things change but if your a head writer and you love a character/actor, you don't get rid of them. You get rid of someone else to deal with the budget. You have a choice as a HW, especially if he has as much control as you are saying Erica. There are certain untouchables but there are others who can be cut. Whatever I just don't see it the way you do and it's hardly because I am emotional or a Hogan grouple. Days groupie, maybe but not a Hogan groupie :lol:

I understand business and that is why I don't think Hogan would fire people like Matt and Renee. They are fan faves and if he likes them and tells the press he does and, in Lexie's case, says he has plans for her he wouldn't say that and get rid of her. Plain and simple. The fans will never trust him and that is why the ratings will remain stagnant. I am with you on the fanbases but they need to be appeased for Days to survive as much as I hate that.

You may be on to something with that spoiler. SOW reported that they may be going to recast Lexie instead of kill her off so maybe that is what you are referring too. I would want Renee back in the role though.

Archived