DAYS: Source e-mails list of writers fired....

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The funny thing is, for how many of those nine years has he actually been on!! LOL. At least for 03-05 he was on very sporadically, sometimes you would forget Roman was even around....

And the first person that needs firing is Stephen Wyman. Hopefully he is next.

• Members

PONZ, I apologize.

I didn't know anything about that article and it certainly changes my mind

about several things.

Though, I still believe if had truly wanted those people to remain--they would have remained.

But it's all either here nor there. There's going to be a lot more of this "backstage politics".

I do concede, however, that you and "PHOENIX" and "BILLY" and some others could be right

and I could be wrong where it comes to just how much power Hogan has.

I'm putting this in BIG letters in the hopes that you will all read my concession. I honestly

don't take these discussions as serious or as personal as everybody else, so I'm happy to

admit when I could be wrong.

• Members

I don't remember seeing this. I am glad to hear that he liked Frankie. I would so love to have Frankie back. I had always heard the opposite that he said this about Ashford, and not Warlock. I am so glad to hear he liked Billy Warlock.

I would love for him to bring both back, but my fave of the two was Warlock.

• Members

It's interesting that Days would let Anne Schoettle go since she was the only writer on the staff next to Beth Milstein who knew the history of the show, and its characters. Some of the episodes that aired a month ago that were being praised online for being written well and the characters acting like their true selves listed Schoettle as the scriptwriter.

With the Dimera family slowly slithering back into the fold and signs of the writers maybe exploring the origins of the Brady/Dimera feud, the character of Roman Brady is truly needed. Before the history of why Stefano went after the Bradys was rewritten, the whole thing just started with original Roman's quest to take down Stefano's crime empire, which escalated and spread out to affect both families.

Though highly unlikely, I wish the show would try to convince Wayne Northrop to come back as Roman. Wayne's Roman was just fun and interesting to watch. The original Roman was a regular guy who was adventurous and a hardworking yet sometimes rebellious cop/secret agent who was devoted to his family and friends. When facing off against enemies and criminals, he used his intelligence and talent for being a master of disguise to catch or beat them. The character had this hilarious goofy and sarcastic sense of humor. If Wayne was on the show, his Roman would probably taunt and poke fun at EJ to his face. Also, original Roman and Marlena were awesome together!

• Members

Well, all I hope is that if Hogie does have the power now, that he will find a way to bring back Matt Ashford. I had a source at the time who told me that Hogan wanted to write for Matt (had story planned and everything) but Corday was adamant that J&J fans deserved a happy ending. Hogie wasn't happy about it but let it go. Heck, this J&J fan isn't happy over it! But, Hogie had just started so I imagine he had so much to accomplish that throwing a tantrum over Matt just wouldn't have worked.

I am very surprised that Brash, Geier and Schoettle were fired. Brash and Geier have such history with Days and are good writers. And I thought that Hogie is the one who brought back Schoettle!

• Members

It was Beth who brought in Shoettle. The two of them are tight. If Hogan has axed Anne, that suggests he isn't happy about Beth's influence and wants to curtail it. I could see Beth being axed as well, unfortunately.

• Members

Well, that Hogan is hiring his people and firing Corday´s means zero. We all know who Corday is. He is the damage control man. Each few years he wakes up, discovers in what horribly state the show is, does something, and next gets into "I fully support whatever bullshit current HW does" mode again. He let Langan totally control the show for how many years? And how many fan favorites had Langan written out or atleast majorly backburnered? And did Corday something? No! Yet, when he´d finally woken up, he fired Langan in a whim and suddenly had all power in the world again.

Of course, the same happened with Reilly. Oh, and please let´s not forget Corday is the same man who once fired relatively succesfull HWs without any prior warning, because he liked DH´s atrocious bible and without NBC´s interference she would be probably still writing the show.

At the end, Corday really doesn´t care. His only interest seems to be somewhat someway introduce a new generation of Salem onto its viewers and as long as Sheffer succes in that, he will happily greenlight anything.

• Members

It's weird hearing about Sofia Landon (Geier) being fired while she's currently airing (from 1990/1) on Another World. All the talk of who's in, who's out it's easy to forget that these are people, with lives and families and bills to pay. She was a good actress, filling in for Anna Stuart is no small order. Hopefully she'll land on her feet.

• Members

Corday does not have all the say on who gets fired. Of course, Hoagie has some input. He's the HEADwriter! He doesn't have the producer credit that JER had so he doesn't have as much power as JER but of course he is having some say into who is getting written out of the show.

Hoagie fans who are trying to pass all of this onto Corday need to stop being delusional.

And JER fans who hate Hoagie who are trying to pass all of this off onto Hoagie also need to stop being delusional.

• Members

I was thinking the same thing Ponz. I just feel there is a lot of strife in the writing staff. From watching the show more often lately it is the best conclusion I can make about the back and forth of characters. It just seems that they are not in agreement on things. It is just a feeling and then the mass firing rumor attributes to it. Even though I do believe that it is more to do with the budget and bringing on big faves more than anything.

Archived