Y&R: DIRE, AWFUL news for Sheila fans

• Members

I have some horrible news that is difficult for us all. This is all according to the new SID

They don't care about this character. They don't UNDERSTAND this character. They write Sheila from Lauren's perspective. Lauren is considered good and Sheila bad, so in Irna Phillips terms, they are writing from the perspective of Saints & Sinners, and have no inkling about shades of grey characterisation. Face it people, they have no imagination and they are NOT good writers. We and Kimberlin have been FUCKED OVER. This implies that they will kill off what is arguably their greatest, most complex character - i am disgusted! I was so right to quit this lousy show but i was willing to give LML the benefit of the doubt, taking a few peeks in recent weeks, ready to give them one last try should they decide to redeem a character that is completely promising. These idiots are paid and write JACKS*IT.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Sheila needed to be around since she was so closely tied to Lauren's first pregnancy. But the awful writing for her the last time forever ruined her character. You'd think B&B would do that, but nope, Y&R!

Having her get that plastic surgery was the worst thing. How could they do it? Kimberlin is even willing to return, which would be a better way to send her off.

I wish Latham were writing the show when Sheila returned. I think she does big exciting things like this well and would've had fun with Sheila.

• Members

I disagree with that very much. There were more than enough ways to get Kimberlin back even with her last exit. If they're going to kill her off, the least they can do is let Kimberlin finish the character that she brought to life but NO!! I HATE LML!!! I HATE CBS!! I HATE Y&R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Oct 15 2006, 02:09 PM)

You hate Lynn Latham for a story that Jack Smith wrote? If she did rewrite history and make it so Sheila didn't have plastic surgery, then people would say she isn't respecting history.

Actually, I wouldn't rule out LML penning the surgery stuff in the first lace. This happened right amidst the point of time where LML jumped from story consultant to headwriter position... We'll never know who really came up with that idea but the quick resolution of storyline could be Latham's doing in my opinion.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Oct 15 2006, 01:09 PM)

You hate Lynn Latham for a story that Jack Smith wrote? If she did rewrite history and make it so Sheila didn't have plastic surgery, then people would say she isn't respecting history.

Agreed, Smith is the hack who ruined Sheila's return not LML. I am assuming Sheila will be using Amber's face since Adrienne Franz is joining Y&R?

• Members

I thought Sheila left in early January and Latham began as headwriter in Febuary. As soon as she joined there was an immediate shift in style, so I doubt she had anything to do with that story. If she did, I think it would've been told at a faster pace and with more action. All Sheila did for months was sit in a hotel room and talk about how much she hated Lauren. Judging Latham's writing for Dru, Sheila and Lauren would be scratching each others eyes out.

• Members

What.Is.The.Freakin.Point?!?

The show is acting like this was some loose end that had to be tied up and then they make the stupid decision to kill her off? Without Kimberlin Brown? WHY? WHY? WHY? This is just senseless.

If this is the direction, obviously Nazi-Woman Latham doesn't give a frying fig about Sheila, so why even bother bringing the character back into the story? Is she that hard up finding a story for Laurel?

Just more mounting proof of what a hack Lex Luther... I mean Lynn Latham is!

And Amber can keep her screeching tail far away from Genoa City. It's bad enough that I'll soon have to listen to that whiny Valley-girl voice again, now here comes that high-pitched, worse than nails scratching against a chalkboard screech!

• Members

At first I was a little upset to read this. Sheila has been such a fixture of the Bell soaps for so long (I personally prefer her on B&B) and it's sad that her reign of terror seems to be wrapping up for good. But to be honest, the last few Sheila storylines have not worked. I think that Sheila is a 1990s thing, and with the 90s over and a new soap style firmly established, she can't really keep on going (just like how JER met with huge success in the 90s on DAYS but bombed in the 2000s.) The world has changed, and there's no room for Sheila. Bring in a different actress and have the final showdown.

Archived