Y&R: DIRE, AWFUL news for Sheila fans

• Members

And Y&R's writing takes one more giant step into oblivion. JS didn't write her latest return well, and the scene with her and the PS was silly, buit I thought the new writers would drop that aspect and just bring KB back. Instead, let's bring in a new actress to play the role.

Wonderful.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

awww :( :( I am going to cry lol.

Chris B, Jack Smith may have made a wrong decision to plan Sheila's "cliffhanger" exit in January, but that is NOT an invitation for LML to kill her off after not even acknowleging her existance for the first seven months of her run as head writer.

And I'll tell you why I love Sheila, Dru Rocks. She is the PERFECT psycho. End of story. I love OLTL's Margaret and I love AMC's Janet and I love pretty much all the psychos in daytime, but all of them are pretty much the same except for Sheila. Kimberlin Brown takes a different approach when portraying the character, as have the writers that have written for her. They take the dramatic approach, rather than the comical approach. You really see what makes Sheila tick...especially in those last few episodes when she and Lauren were stranded together. She could do the most dirty deeds in the book and still be a great character. There was no such thing as ruining the character (as far I was concerned) as long as Kimberlin Brown was playing her. Y&R has just lost me as a viewer.

• Members

Not to add further fuel to this fire (yeah, right, lol), but why do we automatically assume this upcoming storyline means the end of Sheila? There isn't anything that says Sheila couldn't have undergone plastic surgery to look like Lauren, or that the story will culminate with Lauren's, and not Sheila's, death.

Just a thought, lol.

• Members

Well, just thinking about LML's righting style. She's all for "the best woman winning", and I feel that since she's featured Lauren so much this year WITHOUT mentioning Sheila, then she'll continue to do that after Sheila's gone. The only reason she's probably doing this is because fans were complaining that she didn't ever talk about Sheila. Now she can give a reason not to talk about Sheila by killing her off. What a horrid writer.

• Members

I also hate this. But I do want to throw something out there for everyone, there have been several times in the past when Shelia has come back to the show, but it was kept so hush hush that no one in the press even knew that she was coming back, so IMO everyone involved might have be told to tell the press that Kimberlyn is not coming back, so this still gives me hope, because they did this several times on Y&R and B&B her re-turns are usually always a surprise.

Does anyone know if the Y&R sets have been locked down lately to anyone other than staff? like it has been in the past

• Members

Nobody complained about Lauren not talking about Sheila and she actually has during this pregnancy story. If anyone she should be mentioning, it's her son Scott, not the woman she hates. What people complained about is the painfully boring, poorly written cartoon mess that Jack Smith wrote.

Shelia had been out of Genoa City for over 10 years and they had a chance to make her a good, long term character. He lied and said that was the plan, but instead he ruined the character so poorly she'll never be able to show face in Genoa City again. This was the biggest return in Y&R history and that wasn't even close to doing her justice.

I'd at least prefer big over the top camp like B&B did rather than pure boredom and character assasination that was Jack Smith's story.

• Members

I'll go on record as stating that I love KB as Sheila. Even with crappy material -- that last storyline was horrid -- she still managed to make something of it. (We did see something good when Sheila "saved" Lauren by letting her leave first. Or was it just a ploy to escape. Who cares? She was still excellent.) Sheila is a character with layers and that was missed by the last story. A great opportunity to bring Sheila as a formered villian ala Phyllis was passed up -- don't know why. However, all we saw was Sheila give the surgeon a photo, no surgery, etc. IF they decide to bring Sheila back again, which I don't think is necessary now, I hope it's down a better path. Otherwise, let her shake things up on B&B, it sounds like they need an infusion now.

• Members

I like the Sheila character because of Kimberlin Brown's fabulous portrayal of her.

They REALLY did miss the boat by not making her reformed or at least doing something other than the wig, teeth, and awful accent.

I would have LOVED for the show to pair Scotty with Sheila, as much of an Oedipus story as that would have been, it would have been fabulous. Abd imagine if Sheila actually would have fell for Scotty and vice-versa after the reveal.

• Members

I'm all for a love triangle with Michael, that is where the root of her problems with Lauren are, men. I think the age difference would cause problems with Scotty, though I did like her manipulating him. It would be good if she were more of a mother figure for him since Lauren was never around him. That would eat Lauren up.

And of course they missed the boat by not pairing her with Phyllis. Can you imagine if those two went head to head? That would be insanely good!

• Members

Another thing, if they are in fact killing off Sheila, why are they killing off a character that can also be utilized on B&B? Shouldn't Brad Bell have some say about all of this? Knowing him, he'll find some way to make her un-dead, but still? I think there's always story potential for her on that show, especially with Taylor alive and her having a daughter with James Warwick.

• Members

I haven't liked Shelia since she was with Erica on B&B a few years ago, or it's just that I haven't liked her stories since then. That one with Sugar seemed so rushed. And I guess if they do finally wrap up Shelia, we'll never find out about that supposed baby with Massimo.

Archived