Y&R: DIRE, AWFUL news for Sheila fans

• Members

I'm so sorry to say this but I think Sheila will return played by another actress and that the Sheila character will be killed off very quickly. To say that I am shocked that this may happen is an understatement. Bradley Bell, who allowed Sheila to flourish for years on B&B...how could he consent to such a thing. I do admit Sheila's return to Y&R last year was not well-plotted, but the Y&R honchos should have just told Bell to restore the character to her former glory on B&B rather than to destroy her even farther on Y&R. The Sheila we see on Y&R is not the true Sheila, this wacko villain. The real Sheila lived in L.A. (on B&B) where she struggled every day with herself and with the Forresters to be a better person and to find love. Bless you Kimberlin Brown for so many fine hours of entertainment.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sheila is not crazy, she's much more complex than that. The way they wrote her as a cartoonish villian (as B&B tends to do with their sweeps stunts) is insulting. Still, I could deal with it if something actually happened. The biggest return in Y&R history was wasted on Sheila sitting in a hotel room for months talking about how much she hated Lauren.

They should've semi-redeemed her (as they said they would) and looked towards long term possibilities. Maybe Kevin or Michael could hook up with Sheila, or you could expand beyond those characters and have her involved with Phyllis, Dru, Victor or Nikki. The possibilities were endless, but they simply didn't try.

Another missed opportunity was Terrible Tom. Roscoe Born was flawless in the role, but like Sheila, he really didn't do much. They were working to redeem him with Kevin and BAM, Tom is dead. This is what wrote John into a corner and in the long term I'm not sure it was worth it. There was more story potential for Tom with Ashley, Kevin, Michael, Gloria and John.

• Members

ITA with this. I was highly pissed when he was killed off. They really messed up with that one. He really kept Gloria's ass in check. :lol: But even more than that, he was sleazy and slimy, just like ol' Mitch Laurence he used to play on OLTL. I LOVED him. The steely cold glare he could give, nothing like it.

Sheila, I don't give a poop. *yawns*

How long before we find out what Tom had in the safe deposit box? :rolleyes: Did they just drop that forever?

• Members

Y&R has been making some stupid casting decisions in the last couple of years.

They're getting RID of the ones who want to STAY.

And keeping the ones who SUCK and are NAUSEATING to fans.

The last "gem" Y&R found was back in 2003 and that was Greg Rikaart. Judith Chapman was good, until the ink got to the writers head and they went nutso on her character. Not sure which planet they found that NuBilly from though. FIRE THAT CASTING DIRECTOR.

Archived