I thank you for engaging... I know there are One Life story projections, and the show's first script, but I have never seen the actual bible. I have only seen All My Children, As the World Turns, Capitol, LOVING, and Santa Barbara. I remember a personal friend sent me the LOVING bible, and I remember sending you my copy of Palmer's Masquerade Ball on DVD, that you uploaded to YouTube.
I just feel so bad for Douglas Marland - that man couldn't get a break throughout the first half of the 80's. Despite elevating General Hospital, and not wanting to move to Los Angeles, he went to Guiding Light where he helped that show hold its own against the super popular medical drama he previously wrote for. Executives were so on his case, that he left. Then the cable network, pre-Prospect Park underestimating the cost that comes with producing a daily drama, commissioned from him to create A New Day in Eden, which ended after only 60+ episodes. Then LOVING which - despite the genius of both he and Agnes Nixon, I feel both his co-creator and the ABC network took him for granted. I am glad he got As the World Turns, towards the end of his life, because he finished strong in ratings and in craft.
By
Lust4Life76 ·
Create an account or sign in to comment