Grey's Anatomy: Discussion Thread

• Administrator

http://jam.canoe.ca/Television/2006/10/11/2000750.html

Fight breaks out on 'Anatomy' set

By Zap2It.com

"Grey's Anatomy" began with two surgeons vying for a promotion, and it appears that their has rivalry bled over to the real world.

Patrick Dempsey and Isaiah Washington -- who play Dr. Derek "McDreamy" Shepherd and Dr. Preston Burke, respectively -- got into an argument that nearly became physical on set Monday (Oct. 9), report various news sources.

"We were like two baseball players . . . nose-to-nose," Washington tells People. "We had a difference of opinions while working on set but we've resolved it." They were reportedly arguing about "time and [keeping] the production going. The communication was lost in translation."

Luckily, the services of plastic surgeon McSteamy weren't needed since it didn't come to blows.

"Our faces are too beautiful for that," says Washington, who observed after a script read-through, "I've never been that close to [Patrick] before. He has really pretty blue eyes."

This happy picture is a lot more benign than the account reported the NY Daily News' Rush & Molloy and the National Enquirer. That story has Washington grousing about having to wait around on set and then saying "something mean" to actor T.R. Knight ( who plays intern George) when Dempsey came to his co-star's defense. Washington then allegedly grabbed Dempsey by the throat and shoved him a few feet.

The tabloid's unidentified source says that the scuffle was a long time in coming since Washington is supposedly jealous of Dempsey's "McDreamy" magazine cover status.

"There was an argument on set. In any close-knit family, sometimes people argue," says Dempsey's rep. "But everybody made up and went back to work."

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I had to laugh when that guy caught his face on fire, because everyone knows that a fire can ignite when there is oxygen in a room, is that the only guy in the world that doesn't know that???? I hope McSteamy didn't sleep with callie, I like her with geore and McSteamy with addison, don't ruin those relationships please. Funny how McDreamy gave up on Meredith, and then Meredith broke it off with McVet, guess she will be McWhoring around again. :lol:

• Members

No, she's not a Mcdruggie (yet, anyway :P ). At the beginning of the episode, Meredith was feeling sick and vomiting. Christina teased her that she might be pregnant, but it turned out to be appendicitis. She was high from the morphine they gave her for the pain before her surgery.

• Administrator

http://people.aol.com/people/article/0,26334,1548317,00.html

EXCLUSIVE: Grey's Anatomy star T.R. Knight Confirms He's Gay

THURSDAY OCTOBER 19, 2006 03:30PM EST

T.R. Knight

Photo by: Jeffrey Mayer / WireImage

Grey's Anatomy T.R. Knight is gay, he has confirmed exclusively to PEOPLE.

"I guess there have been a few questions about my sexuality, and I'd like to quiet any unnecessary rumors that may be out there," Knight tells PEOPLE in a statement. "While I prefer to keep my personal life private, I hope the fact that I'm gay isn't the most interesting part of me."

Knight, 33, plays the unassuming Dr. George O'Malley on the hit ABC drama. A Minneapolis native, he began his career in that city's famed Guthrie Theater.

He has also appeared on CSI: Crime Scene Investigation and Law & Order: Criminal Intent

----------------------------------------------------

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/gossip/64566

GREY'S ANATOMY STAR'S SHOCKING GAY SLUR

Hot-head Isaiah Washington hurled a vicious gay slur at one of his co-stars during an on-set brawl – and the ugly explosion of hate is ripping apart TV’s number one show.

Last week, the ENQUIRER broke the blockbuster news that Isaiah, 43, choked Patrick Dempsey, 40, in an Oct. 9 fight on the set of “Grey’s Anatomy." And now we can reveal the secret behind the outrage.

“The melee has set off World War III on the show and may cost Isaiah his job,” an insider told The ENQUIRER.

“The cast is divided over the shameful event.”

As The ENQUIRER exclusively revealed last week, Patrick and Isaiah clashed over cast members being late to the set, right before shooting a scene at Prospect Studios in Los Angeles.

A heated discussion quickly escalated to violence when Isaiah snapped, revealed an eyewitness.

At one point, Isaiah yelled, “I’m not your little faggot like (name deleted),” according to the source. Those who heard him were stunned.

Because of the extreme nature of the slur, The ENQUIRER is withholding the name of the co-star targeted by Washington. During the brawl, an enraged Isaiah grabbed Patrick by the throat and shoved him a few feet.

---------------------------------

• Members

OMG, I absolutely POSITIVELY love this show...I remember when I got S1 and S2 I watched it straight, all 36 episodes over the course of 2 days, I skipped school, I called in sick for work, literally for 2-3 whole days, I was glued to my couch watching episode after episode to catch myself up for this season.

I have yet to start watching this season, but I have all 5 episodes on DVD that I am going to sit down and watch this weekend.

Grey's Anatomy is like my new primetime Days Of Our Lives...I am SO f*cking obsessed with this show its sick!

BTW Katherine Heigl SO was screwed out of an emmy nod for the Season 2 Finale!!

• Members

Derek's behavior is so confusing to me.....he's all over the place with Meredith, with Addison. Is he mad cuz he was played? Does he want Addison back? And why wasn't he happy Meredith said she broke up with Finn? I suppose now we go back to the chase with those two....Meredith dating someone else with Derek jealsous. I'm tired of this endless circle. :rolleyes:

Other than that, I loved the episode. There are so many different things happening each show with the characters, I LOVE that. It's never boring, that's for sure. :D

• Members

Bravo to T.R. Knight for coming out.

It's so refreshing to hear that someone is speaking the truth about who they are...

While still having a job on a hit show.

Seems like all the gay actors/famous people come out way after their careers are over.

There has been Ellen...and...??

Rosie's show was gone when she came out.

Lance had been out of NSYNC for years....

Wave that freak flag T.R.!

Makes me like George even more.

Just because the actor has balls...he's not affraid to be himself.

So the show last night...

I finally realized that Derrick is a whiney ass puss-puss.

Oh poor baby...Addison was having an affair behinde your back.

Boo-freakin-Hoo!

You wanted to do the same thing with Meredith.

The player got played...oh well.

Suck it up!

I'm really getting tired of McDreamy...McRealfast.

I love Izzy getting her s*** together.

8 million dollars just laying around though??

I couldn't do it. It would keep me up at night...lol

I hope Callie and George find their way back together too.

I like them.

• Members

Loved Bailey last night.

I hate how this show brings me close to and most of the time tears when I watch. She's so excellent. Kerev even made me smile when he admitted that he didn't stop Izzy either. The writing on this show is SO good.

I wonder how long it's going to take before people figure out that Dr. Burke is still having problems.