September 25-29, 2006

Toups

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hope the ratings move for Hogan's material.There's always chance that after ATWT's stunt is over DAYS will take over number and if possible maybe the #2 position.October 9 for Hogan's material to air can't come soon enough.

sorry for the double post

• Members

Next week is Hogan/Meg's first week and BIG things are happening.

I wonder if NBC will promote the show in primetime? With everything that's going to happen it could potentially be huge in terms of ratings.

• Members

I'm not worried about Days. Once Hogan's SLs start to take shape more people will start tuning in regularly. LOL Today was only his first day! Bope has reunited but there is still Lumi, Steve and Kayla, Shelle and (ok maybe I'm of the minority) the KJ stuff coming. :P

• Members

GO GL....Its about time....Now pass GH and OLTL and I will be verrrrrrrry happy!

I wish people will stop thinking that Hogan is going to make Days rise in the ratings on week one. It takes time to bring viewers back!!! I like the way he wrote ATWT but it had its weakest boring moments as well. Time will tell if Hogan is right for Days......

• Members

CONGRATS GL AND ATWT. I am rooting for GL to pass all of ABC. AMC is in alot of trouble and so are the other two.

I am so mad about Days. I just hope the stuff coming up gets them off 2.5. They have been stuck there for awhile and don't deserve to be.

Passions deserves it's numbers for the crappy month of September. This week was a little better but they have alot of work to do there.

Hope the demos and other numbers are good for Days.

• Members

I don't think a lot of viewers take a writer into consideration when choosing to watch a soap. Hogan Sheffer did a good job of turning ATWT around when he was hired. However, all those viewers that were lost during the Reilly regime are suddenly going to come back in droves.

One of the most common complaints about Sheffer is his habit of picking favorite characters and showcasing them, often to the detriment of other characters. Perhaps Sheffer will continue that habit at DAYS and alienate those viewers who don't like his new favorites. Was hiring Sheffer a good move? Yes, but the ratings are not going to automatically jump off the charts because his material just happens to be airing.

The ratings seem to bare that fact out. The general consensus on this board is that the quality of DAYS storytelling has improved of late, but the ratings are not reflecting that. Overtime, will the ratings begin to reflect that improvement? Possibly, but it isn't going to happen overnight, or even during the first week.

B&B has nothing to worry about, at least not in the short term considering the gap between it and DAYS is more than half a ratings point. That is more than the distance between DAYS and GL. DAYS fans need to be realistic concerning Sheffer's tenure of risk being disappointed.

• Members

I too don't see why people think Days will suddenly jump because Hogan's stuff is airing. It may go up a little but I don't expect it to skyrocket automatically. ATWT didn't when he was writing for them so I don't see why everyone is expecting for Days. I'm not belittling Hogan's work. Overall ATWT was pretty solid when he was there and there were some weak moments but he didn't skyrocket ATWT numbers. I'm not saying it can't happen to days, it's just unlikely. Overtime maybe...but not in a few weeks.

• Members

Does Sheffer get too much credit for "saving" ATWT? I think he might- no doubt he has his good points (and bad), but I think some ATWT fans will point to Lorraine Broderick's rather brief tenure as greatly improving the show after the 1996-97 debacle. Of course, Sheffer had some mess to clean up after Laiman's disastrous tenure...

Archived