Brothers & Sisters: Discussion Thread

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I liked tonight's eppy. I just like this show in general. I know many of you are complaining about it, but I find it most always good (Except Rebecca BORES me) This Nora/Holly/Saul thing trying to find out about Narrow Lake is pretty intriguing to me. And Holly is softening in my eyes. She's a flawed heroine, and it makes her interesting. I hope Gilles stays around, he's a nice actor... he's got nice, emotional eyes.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

So comments about the twoparter?

What annoyed me was the fact that it wasn't a proper twoparter but moreso two totally different episodes edited together. Part 1 was really good, dramatic and shocking whereas the second episode played for laughs and just losely continued part 1 but mostly was an ordinary episode.

Apart from that, loved Holly & Nora on their road trip and in jail, liked Justin & Rebecca tying the knot, absolutely digged the 80s flashback scenes (which should have been much longer...) and was shocked by Kevin pushing down this Aaron boy. The last couple of episodes have really been strong tone-wise and have more the feeling of season 1 than anything in between - I like this season a lot.

But what happened to William's other child? I can't even remember his name. LOL I don't want him on either but they could at least mention what happened to him. Oh, and slowly phasing Rob Lowe out is surprisingly not making any impact at all.

• Members

it was a good episode, but im left asking whats the point? to create drama and issues for an episode? is there anything that really matters? i recently watched a few episodes from season 1 and its obvious how far this show has fallen. its just there. things happen to happen. the best scenes are always the group scenes, thats what saves this show.

it needs some restructure and direction before its just lost, imho. the show should revolve around sarah, tommy, kevin, kitty and justin dealing with their lives and loves and mother. everyone else needs to take a supporting role. the holly & nora wacky hijinks need to end because it isnt working for either character.

whats going on with justin and med school? lets see him struggle to balance a career and a marriage and being a son and brother. let him be overwhelmed and tempted to drink.

robert needs to die, and i like him, but it would be a good story for kitty and the family.

tommy needs to come home full time and rebuild his life.

kevin and sarah both have good stories but they are played as filler, IMHO.

Nora doesnt need a story, her role is to be involved in the kids lives and trying to fix things and whatnot.

sidenote: the girl playing kitty in the flashbacks was spot on.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

So what's the real behind ABC's loss of love for B&S???

Ratings have been ok, yet they have cut back the upcoming season and everyone is saying this is gonna be their last. Do they fear that the departure of Rob Lowe and Calista (more or less) is going to hurt ratings? (I really don't think so.)

Any ideas?

• Members

I think they recognize how directionless it is. I was at a friend's the other night and he just got his mom the first season on DVD, so we watched a bit--and I had forgotten how GOOD many of the early eps were. Now I kinda just watch cuz I like the actors... (ABC forcing all those changes on Baitz and driving him out was really the prob--why hire a pulitzer nominated playwright known for his gay and political dramas to do a tv show, have strong ratings, yet force things on him that drive him away? I wish ABC hadn't deleted his blog, as it was so telling).

• Members

I think the show gained new guidance ever since David Marshall Grant stepped in. The stories seem to have more longevity and I'm optimistic that season 5 will continue this trend - although I'm not too thrilled about the time warp. Desperate Housewives used the effect properly for like 10 episode before going back to the original routine - so what's the bid deal about this lame plot device?

• Members

I think it's The Curse of Eric. ph34r.gif

A show he starts watching regularly collapses with almost no exceptions.

Brothers & Sisters? Happened.

Mad Men? Happened.

Flash Forward? Happened.

Fringe? Happened.

Dollhouse? Happened.

:P

• 3 weeks later...

Archived