Errol

NCIS: Discussion Thread

I love this show.

Great characters, especially my favorites McGee and Abby, a nice mix of drama, suspense and comedy.

Hopefully Gibbs is back soon from his retirement. :D

I like the show and got into it right after Sasha Alexander's character was killed. I want Gibbs to come back to but I wanted to see them allow Tony to grow up a little and have his own team for a minute before Gibbs came back. Looking at next weeks preview that won't be happening.

I like it, too, although Tony & Kate are/were my least favorite characters. I used to ff their "banter" because it was that annoying. When it was Kate that was killed off instead of one of the others, I was happy. I like Ziva much, much better. I haven't seen the season premiere yet, though. (I tape everything and watch days later, usually).

I used to watch non-stop but then Sasha's character was killed off and I lost interest. Plus, I got a job and then another and another thing was school. So now, I hardly watch. But I used to love that show with a passion.

I love it too now. I got into it over the summer in reruns. Very very good show. The cast rocks. I love Michael Weatherly. DiNozzo (or whatever) is so irritating but in a good way.

Bellisario to leave 'NCIS'

Showrunner exits 'JAG' spinoff

By JOSEF ADALIAN

There's finally some buzz surrounding one of TV's least buzzed-about hits -- but it's not the kind CBS Par Network TV execs were seeking.

Studio confirmed over the weekend that "NCIS" showrunner Donald P. Bellisario is leaving the drama series he created. Move follows a report last month by TVGuide.com of tension between the producer and series star Mark Harmon.

Bellisario's showrunning duties will likely be taken over by Chas. Floyd Johnson and head writer Shane Brennan.

"NCIS" is the sort of CBS warhorse that does yeoman's work for the Eye, generating solid tune-in in a tough Tuesday night timeslot opposite "American Idol." Skein was a spinoff of the equally unsexy "JAG."

CBS Par prexy David Stapf issued a statement praising the "creativity, vision and talents" of Bellisario.

"He not only built a top-rated show but a great producing team that provides terrific continuity for the years ahead," he said. "With 'JAG' and 'NCIS,' Don has a great tradition of success with the network and our studio. We look forward to developing his next generation of projects."

Bellisario is in the middle of a multiyear overall deal with CBS Par and is said to be working on a pair of possible projects for the studio.

Edited by Sylph

Did anyone watch tonight's season finale? And can anyone fill me in on what happened after Gibbs stepped out of the car at the diner after the shootout?

Thanks! ;)

The show is just amazing. The combinations of drama, action and comedy is just perfect. Many people don't like it, thinking it's nothing like CSI, but that's the point. It's different. It's interesting. And in Season 5, the ratings continue growing.

Becoming #1 on your 7th Season is really quite impressive.... although I don't quite get what this show did to get 21 million viewers, but hey! :lol:

Becoming #1 on your 7th Season is really quite impressive.... although I don't quite get what this show did to get 21 million viewers, but hey! :lol:

I've heard it's the rerun marathons on USA. People see the show and then fall for the characters, which is something I can definitely relate to. I hate procedurals almost as much as medical and lawyer shows, but NCIS is something special. The cast has a ton of chemistry with each other. I don't think they've captured the magic with the spin off, but I guess we'll see.

Edited by Juliajms