NCIS: Discussion Thread

• Members

Me too. Despite my disdain for procedurals I've watched many and I think NCIS is really a cut above. Criminal Minds isn't half bad either (Matthew Grey Gubler is all kinds of hot), but NCIS has managed to create characters that are easy to care about. Now if only I could get just a little tiny taste of Ziva I'd really be happy. I don't need them to be a real couple. I just need a little more push pull kind of like Scarecrow and Mrs. King before they ruined the show by getting the characters together.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I have just gotten into the show and bought season 1 on dvd. I am catching up on who is who on the show. It is very impressive that it has become the #1 show in primetime after 7 years on. Last year it was doing great numbers against American Idol. I wonder if they can topple Idol this year without Paula.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm disappointed about Cote leaving. I never liked Kate so I was glad she bought the farm and even more glad when Ziva came along. Tony's never been a particular favorite of mine either and it was probably Ziva's presence that made him a little more tolerable to me than before. It will be interesting to see if the show starts to slip in the ratings. I don't think it would have the same effect as, say, the loss of Mark Harmon would. I think the show has a likeable and talented cast (even though we may have our favorites) and will continue to do well.

Edited by applcin

• Members

I wouldn't think Ziva leaving would affect it one way or another. The show's numbers have gone up with IMO, a decline in quality since Bellsario was forced out. If anything, Tim, Ducky, Palmer and Abby would all benefit from more attention once Ziva's gone.

• 4 months later...
  • Members

I'm now happy that the how is managing to survive without Cote, and I wish Emily a great future with the team.

I know some are having great difficulty dealing with a new chick in Ziva's place after 9 years, but the show is still going very strong and the world can't stop just because Cote refused to stay.

• Members

I don't especially like the new chick. I'm kind of annoyed by the way she's been made to be supercalifragilisiticexpealadously smart---to the point it's almost like she's solving the case-of-the-week by herself by observing some insignificant clue ala The Mentalist and Bingo!

I don't hate her---I just wish we'd had a little more focus on the team before bringing another agent in.

I did love seeing Ben Vereen as Jackie's estranged father.

Cote's departure doesn't really seem to have affected the show one way or the other---in spite of all sorts of dire predictions. It's actually kind of refreshing not to deal with Ziva's continual angst. At least for me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm sure this makes me a hardass, but I don't give a bleepin' rip about McGee's practically unseen girlfriend now being paralyzed. I don't "know" her. I knew more about the lie detector tech that had a crush on McGee than I know about Delilah.

And as much as I love McGee, Sean Murray has two expressions. Constipated and more constipated.

I did however love seeing Rachael back. I think she should be Gibbs' next ex-wife.