Life On Mars

applcin

• Members

Is anyone else watching this new show on BBC America? It's pretty good. It's about this modern-day police detective in England who gets hit by a car and wakes up to find himself a detective in 1973. Ironically, in 2006, he was somewhat detached by how unemotional and procedural cop work was, but in 1973 he's both arguing with the other cops who are far from being by the book (i.e, they hit suspects, plant evidence) but he's becoming more like them at the same time. Meanwhile, he's also hearing voices that indicate he's in a coma in 2006. It's kind of like CSI Meets Starsky & Hutch Meets Hill Street Blues Meets The Wizard Of Oz, lol. Apparently, this show is also spawning an American copy via David E. Kelley. The American version will probably show up next year.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I didn't expect to like this as I haven't cared for any of the other crime/cop shows on BBCAmerica, but this was brilliant! So much more than just a cop show, it was much more character driven. The actor that plays Sam is hot and sure can work those 70s clothes! Plus he's a great actor!

I plan on getting the UK DVD and I can't wait for season two! Unfortunately, it hasn't even aired in the UK yet, so we have a long wait.

• Members

Drat, only 8 episodes to Season 1 and another 8 for Season 2, which doesn't start til next year. :( That stinks. They've been advertising another show, Wire In The Blood, which looks pretty good.

Anyone know why these shows' seasons are so scant? 8 episodes per for LOM, and IMDB shows 18 episodes total of WITB from 2002-2006. Geez, WITB has breaks of a year between seasons! Doesn't make our 2-3 months in the U.S. during the summer seem so bad. :P

Archived