August 28 - September 1, 2006

Toups

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Look at it this way, Days hasn't been doing this well in the ratings in ages! And it's not a fluke success, it's consistant! With Hogan arriving, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it can pass that piece of garbage known as The Bold and the Beautiful. Just be happy that right now things are holding fairly well!

In happier news, YAY FOR THE ATWT RATINGS! FINALLY one of their big stories causes their ratings to rise! Seeing them tied with Days makes me so incredibly happy! I just hope it can stay there! ATWT is truly one of the best soaps on air now, but it is so underrated. I hope the new teen viewers tuning in for the slasher stick around and see how a real some is done!

PRAISE JESUS to the ABC soap ratings! I really am speechless on the state of ABCDaytime. The View has actually managed to turn itsself around with Rosie, this was the PERFECT time to revamp the entire lineup and promote that quality was back at ABCDaytime. Look at ABCPrimetime, they were in bad shape until Desperate Housewives came around. ABCD needs a MAJOR wakeup call!

Days and Y&R are trying to get it together, why aren't these other soaps running around like crazy trying to catch up? Those two and ATWT are putting the rest to shame, IMO!

• Members

That would be my guess. I know that the final results average is calculated based on the original full numbers, not the rounded dailies.

I take it all those 2.4s are definitely rounded up from 2.35, and that 2.2 is actually a 2.15. That's about the only way that can happen.

• Members

I was hoping for better numbers for Days but really the wedding did well. Thursday and Friday killed Days and that was when alot of people usually leave for Labor Days vacations and such. Plus, people went back to college and there was Ernesto down south to deal with. There were alot of factors but really Days did good enough to hold on because in the past it would've dropped further. Days, ATWT, and Y&R bascially held on so that is good news in a week like last. I kinda wish Days did the Sami wedding a week earlier instead of spending that whole week on building it up because I think they would've gone up a there wasn't so much going on that week but oh well I hope numbes go up for this past week because Days was AWESOME!!! I can't wait to see total viewers either because if Days did well there then I am ok with it since they seem to have done well in demos.

I am happy for ATWT-I hope when Days takes over #2 they take hold of #3. :)

As for ABC, they deserve it. Nothing on either of the 3 shows is appealing and the writing and just everything about them stinks. They held on for awhile but finally they are free falling. Somebody should tell Frons that the reason why Y&R, Days, and ATWT are as high as they are is because of good writing (I can't include B&B at this point but it's still better then ABC). I hope GL can beat all 3 next week but I doubt it-CBS was preempted twice this week and ABC once so both networks may have some numbers issues next weel. I hope NBC can capitalize on this as they were on all week. Hopefully, some people sampled Days :)

• Members

Glad to see ABCD drop, drop, drop. They deserve it and further. I used to feel bad about cheering sucky ratings out of loyalty to my show AMC, but it is the ONLY thing TPTB will listen to (other than the official ABCD Firing Squads, er- Focus Groups). So Hell Yeah and bring on more until/

Could the consistent Thu-Fri drops (though that's been happening with ABCD, I think for a while or maybe it's just typically a Fri drop) was due to the upcoming Labor Day Holiday. People leaving early for a long weekend?

Anybody know what a standard rating for The View (I guess Pre=Rosie would be the fair comparison) is? Trying to ascertain how well the Soap "Not-So-Secret" Secrets Special sized up.

Thanks for the info!

• Members

As a long time AMC lover, it kills me to wish bad ratings on "my" show, but I fear that is the only way we'll ever get rid of the current regime...WE NEED NEW BLOOD AT AMC!

I hate not having a soap I love. I just can't get into any of the other shows. I have been watching ATWT just for the Luke/Holden/Lily/Lucinda scenes, though.

I really wish those rumors from a while back that Hogan Sheffer loved AMC and was coming aboard had turned out to be true. I haven't watched much of his current DAYS stint, mainly because none of the characters/actors on that show really do it for me.

• Members

They said Rosie's first day got about 4 million viewers.

I was surprised by Days numbers but the Holiday, kids heading off for college, last week of summer and people out, and mothers probably out preparing for their kids first week of school played an impact. Plus, the hurricane too.

I would think ATWT finished third however and Days fourth?

followed by GH, OLTL, and then AMC?

• Members

Ernesto hit on Friday.

As bad as the ratings for AMC and GH are there is hope. Laura is returning for a brief period on GH. It's little but it is something. Bianca is returning on AMC. OLTL meanwhile pimps Claudia as the next pivotal character while they say that they have no money or story for Kevin and Kelly and Nora and Viki act as little more than wall paper. OLTL is so far removed from the direction they need to be going it's frightening.

• Members

LOL at ABC.

GL needs to beat them...at least for one week!! Next week only 3 episodes will be counted, so that will throw things off for CBS' ratings.

Since GH is no longer in the top 3, it's time for B&B to follow suit. The show definitely does not deserve a #2 rating anymore. The other 3 CBS soaps (yes, even GL IMO) are so much better than that trash.

Archived