Justice: Discussion Thread

Toups

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I saw the pilot already and I really liked it.

It airs tonight on FOX. :)

If you're a Kerr Smith and Victor Garber fan, you should definitely watch it.

Plus, it's a Jerry Bruckheimer show, so it could get decent ratings to get a full season. LOL

• Members

I enjoyed it. The pace was rapid and trying to fill in the blanks was a strain, but I think they showed off as polished, sleek, brilliant and dedicated....the kind of people I love LOL, so I like the cast. Also, being as this was the first show, I'm happy their client was actually innocent. I was hoping so but couldn't be certain until I realized a golf club would have made huge holes in her skull whereas a flat surface would have cracked it. Also, there was no mention of blood spatters, which was really a remiss in the story as there would have been blood spatters all around the area not just on the umbrella if she were bludgeoned with a gulf club.

• Members

I didn't really like the show, which is unusual for me because I watch all of Jerry Bruckheimer's shows.

I think it was the actors that I didn't particularly take to. But, I'll give it another chance and see if anything changes.

I hate the fact that this show is on opposite Criminal Minds, which I love.

• Members

The part I like best is the end that shows how the act on trial actually happened. Tonight's show had a twist that was really good. The young woman was on trial for murder and the defense plead self defense. I was not sure it was as, like the jury, I did not like her or believe her, but her attorney's did. In the end, she was acquitted of murder. In the tellall of the actual crime, it was self defense, but the man also had been robbed of his money and she did take the money, but she had not been charged with that. Seeing all the technical, behind the scenes of big cases is pretty awesome.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Lucky you :) I missed the marathons and love them. They are "special occasions" :)

Justice was brilliant last night. Unfortunately the client was found guilty when he was really innocent, but they were appealing and hopefully won that.

The turning point I think was the father's false confession. He was told that the jury believed what the fathers said during testimony and when he confessed, it was equal to saying he believed his son was guilty. That was really sad when he was really saying, I don't trust anyone to save him but me. It had to be the landowner. He was the only other person in the story.

• Members

I was disgusted with the outcome of this trial. The mother of the dead woman pushed her daughter toward the rich man just because he was rich and she was after the money. Even when the jury found that pilot error caused the crash, they awarded the girl's family 20 million dollars. I would never have awarded them that kind of money when the mother wanted the girl for the money and wanted the trial for the money. She needed to be kept in her place in my opinion. It was disgusting to me and I may not watch any more of this show.

• Members

It was a little disappointing with the girl's mother... but that's life, and I have a feeling this happens more than one will ever truly know. And the other woman did way worst with all the bribing to make it look like it wasn't her son's fault (when it was,) and then trashing the girl's memory. She used the ring to bribe the guy, that and everything else makes her look worst to me than the girl's mother.

As far as the girl's family wanting it for money or justice... that was a bit unclear. It seems like the father definitely wanted it for justice, while the mother I went back and forth on. In the end, it seem to be more of a mixture of justice and her placing the blame away from herself.

Archived