AMC: Filming style staying for good?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Anyhow, someone from New Beginnings was at Vincent's event. One of the AMC camera guys was there to film material for a Podcast and said it is something they are testing out to see if fans accept it. That's in line with what I've heard + the stuff where it tested miserably in their formal research.

• Members

Jackie your insights are just awesome!Keep posting! I like the look but hate that TPTB would just do it, no matter what. Like the attitude they take with their stories but it sounds like they don't have it etched in stone.

• Members

I'm one who has screamed about the shakiness of the cameras on various boards. But I don't mind the new look- I mind the shakiness and unprofessional looking shots that happen at times... folks heads being cut off, etc. If they can smooth out the "camcordering my kids first birthday" look- stopping the shakes and decapitations... I would rather like it.

I think it's the shakiness that puts people off. If you are too busy noticing the camera shaking to be drawn into the story, there is a problem.

Reality shows are drawing you in differently from fictional shows. With a reality show a 'camcorder' look is more appropriate... you feel like you are watching a home video someone made- you are peeking in at real people's lives. But telling a fictional story- you don't want to NOTICE the camera, because the camera is not part of the story. It's a distraction if you notice a camera in that situation. Different styles suit different genres.

• Members

Some days are worse then others... perhaps certain directors have got the feel of it down better than others. I love the new look and once they work out the kinks I think it will be a great thing for AMC and the soap world.

• Members

I'm indifferent to the film look.

However, he defended Jack's position on the Lily and Jon Boy issue and got booed. Wow. Just Wow.

I'm indifferent to the film look.

However, he defended Jack's position on the Lily and Jon Boy issue and got booed. Wow. Just Wow.

Archived