AMC: Filming style staying for good?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

lol - I don't know how it all works either...but I do like the film look and I even like the up close, following approach they use. It was the just shakes they couldn't control....but I just don't want to go back to square 1 with the old/tired look that OLTL and GH still uses.

• Members

Fan reaction has been overwhelmingly negative to the new cameras (with mention of it getting those boos at the fan luncheon), but IA with those who said it's the shakiness that's bothering people. It's so bad somedays I cannot look at the screen without getting dizzy. The freedom of movement the new cameras brought was good, but the shakiness was so bad it overshadowed any of the good parts.

• Members

Even if it wasn't so shaky, I don't want it and I won't miss it after it hopefully fades away. For the Rhianna episode, it was fine, when you're doing stuff like that - it's fine. Generally speaking though, I like having my soap look the same way it always has, something really comfortable about that - and I like that comfort aspect (especially when I'm not getting it from the stories and writing).

Good writing and stories will save a program, not the buzz-worthy, MTV-gen way they tape or film it (or don't film/tape it), and not special effects on flashbacks (looks at DAYS).

Archived