Y&R: August 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

Neil did talk about how Devon needed someone like Mariah who is opposite of Hilary.  But I'm glad to not have another full on "Mariah is better than Hilary" moment. That has become very offensive. 

I feel like the show has no real plans for HWG. @deedee is right.  other than as some prop for Tessa and Mariah, HWG isn't doing much. It's supposed to give Devon purpose though. I can see that. But it doesn't focus on him.  He's secondary to whatever is happening with the company. I think they gave it a home base for Neil to have something to do. I was hoping that there would be a fight for Mergeron between them and Abbots. But that hasn't materialized. 

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

@ajsp35801 Y&R can still salvage Mergeron/Abbott/HWG - say Dina is being poisoned, which explains her erratic behavior and it becomes a court battle over validity of sale, etc. Forget the legal issues, it's Y&R. Get Leslie to represent Dina - so she'll win -  and Michael for HWG so that Neil/Leslie on opposite sides. They rekindle their spark, and Leslie/Michael become law partners. The stories are there and you don't have to look that hard. 

And you're right the Cassiah good Hilary bad narrative needs to stop permanently. Get the two of them in a situation - like a stalker takes them hostage during a show - have them bond and realize they were meant to be friends/allies puttting that illogical rivalry to rest for good. I hate these two actors are reduced to pettiness in their scenes. Could be so much more. 

• Members

I like this idea about Mergeron. And having HWG lose it puts them at risk of the company folding. They need something big to happen to salvage the company. I'd forgo Leslie/neil pairing and opt for a recast Yolanda instead. She's got a daughter and ties to Devon that'd enhance the entire family's story. Charlie needs a romance. I don't want him becoming the next Devon. And i can't see them soras'ing faith. Yeah, it's a little close to home but I'll let it slide. 

• Members

Charlie & Ana is too close (although the rest of your ideas are pretty good).

Instead Stephanie should return to Genoa City to work with Paul (the GCPD feels Paul is biased in handling cases so they bring Stephanie in as a check & balance) with a trouble making daughter who Charlie falls for.

• Members

I'll take it. 

Or Alex returns with a daughter that Charlie falls for with all not knowing who she is until a school play...and they don't know whether she's related until the paternity test. Vikki/Cole type thing. 

Note how Charlie hasn't had one scene with Neil or Devon. 

• Members

Good things today:

Abby/Lily - was unexpected and was so nice that they should a non-catty female encounter friendship. CK has been spot-on - but she's been given solid dialogue. Note to Mal - please don't do the 80s/90s split screen of estranged couple. 

Jack/Dina - gold! PB's scenes with MA pull out the best side of his acting style. 

Hilary/Juliet - thank you Hilary for telling it straight to Juliet! Unfortunately, they still can find a 'voice' for Juliet. I get no sense of anything about her. Is she strong? Is she really nice (like her regret to Charlie about breaking up family)? Is she cra-cra? It's not the actor's fault when the script is pretty bare. I'd like them to find a way to keep LA around because she's young, beautiful and diverse. 

• Members

Dude just go already, stop torturing yourself.

I don't mind Mariah not having anyone to confide in. That is life. We don't always have someone to run too. 

I wish Hilary was more supportive of Juliet though, and I hope they don't have her go crazy, try to attack Lily and then Cane "saves her"

So disappointed that Greg Rikaart is out. The character can use a long break

• Members

The Hilary/Juliet scene was great, but how many times will Juliet let herself be subjected to Hilary's insults? Makes no sense to me.

Also making no sense: the stupid sex ring story. First we saw Crystal at a pay phone. Then she was on a landline. Today, a cellphone. She has time to call Tessa over and over but can't call 911? Can't call the police?

Then at the motel, she has AMPLE opportunity to escape while the john showers. If the beefy fat guy is outside making no sure she can't leave, SHOW HIM. But we already know Sharon showed up and walked right in, don't we?

Yes, Crystal DRAGGED Sharon into the room WHILE telling her "You can't be here. You have to leave." Oh, ok.

Worried Tessa can't do her studio singing because she cares about Crystal so much, right! Then why the hell hasn't Tessa SAID anything or DONE anything since she arrived in Genoa City? 

And if SHE so easily escaped the sex ring -- showing disdain and contempt for Zack -- why can't Crystal??? Is Crystal the only girl in this sex ring? Girl must be EXHAUSTED.

Y&R cannot do justice to a story like this. 

• Members

So is Juliet crazy? And why does Hilary have such contempt for her now when she was the one initially using her? It's all very odd. They squandered the chance for Hilary to have another friend other than Jack.

When will Hilary just dump Jordan? He clearly hates her and wants to bang Lily. It's getting annoying watching him constantly tear her down, while being perfectly ok anytime Lily talks [!@#$%^&*] about her. Completely over the character.

Archived