DAYS: Casting news about new role later this month

• Members
poindexterlarry2013.jpg
LARRY POINDEXTER, WHO PLAYED LARRY WELCH'S BROTHER, RETURNS TO "DAYS" LATER THIS MONTH
Larry Poindexter returns to "Days of Our Lives" later this month. No word yet on what character he will be playing this time around. For 8 episodes in 1984, Poindexter appeared as Ben Welch, the brother of Larry Welch, who stood up for Larry as his best man at Larry's wedding to Hope Williams. Poindexter appeared in a very comical scene, where Larry finds out that it's not Hope under the wedding veil, but instead Horton family friend Howie Hoffstedder posing as Hope (who had at the time had been "kidnapped" by Bo, who was trying to stop the wedding). Watch this clip (at the 7:52 mark) for a brief sighting of Poindexter as Ben (he's standing next to Larry)...and see when Larry, Ben and the rest of the gang find out it's Howie under the veil!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would just keep him as Ben Wlech and not a new character at all! GOOD WRITERS know how to incorporate old characters and minor characters from the past into the present, making them more relevant now! I would suggest him to be Ben Wlech but not to come after Hope for vengeance of his brother. Yes, there should be connections there and yes Hope should feel uneasy with Ben Wlech in Salem, but his presence in Salem would not be for direct interaction or causing problems for Hope. He could be Jordan's father for all we know, which would explain why she wants to keep her identity hidden and quiet because she's trying to escape the Welch name especially for all the crimes her Uncle Larry committed. He could also bring a young son to the show with him, not a teen and slowly become romantically involved with Kate. Yes, he could have some dirty ties and connections to Victor and even Stefano to make him even more interesting. Make him a lawyer or something...I think they could do something good here where it would tie in history as well as develop new history and something to truly build from. JUST MY OPINION!

Archived